cant walk!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant walk!!

okay so im doin that "cooked calves under 4 minutes" routine and let me tell u its kickin my ass. i literally cant walk 3 out of 7 days in the week. so my question is if this is normal? i mean i have read all the posts about how calves will only grow unless u blast them and that pain is something you will have to endure but this pain im having is unlike no other. dont get me wrong, its not any pain that comes from injury, its just pain from the immense soreness im getting. what do u guys think? keep goin? give me your thoughts.

DOMS

Comment

Your calves just arent use to actually being worked hard enough, you will be use to it within the next 2 workouts.

Comment

what the hell is the routine?..i need calves

Comment

I did that routine on Monday, and yes, it was very painful. Tuesday, Wednesday and yesterday I was VERY sore and stiff, but there is not much pain today. Although the article recommended once weekly, I am going to do it again today after my shoulder workout. I bought a Parabody seated calf machine and it's great for this routine. Since the calves a a tough grainy muscle group, I don't think it's possible to work them too much as long as you're not so sore you can't walk every time. BB

Comment

Originally posted by bransun
            what the hell is the routine?..i need calves
            BRANNIE,

What are you currently doing for calves?

Comment

not much...just burnout sets on the sitting thing...i hardly have any calves..than i use the standup machine..i go till failure

Comment

Dude, You should have slowly built into this routine.You overtrained because you hit your calves with something new and different.Although it is a good shock routine sooner or later,probably sooner,your calves will adapt to the workload and then you`ll have to hit them with something different.Calves resist training,and are a tough dense muscle.

Comment

Contrast showers...try that one out.

Comment

Originally posted by bransun
                    i need calves
                    My favorite for calves is the donkey press machine. I do 3 or 4 sets of 12 reps at about 600 lbs. Going down to a count of 4, getting a good stretch at the bottom, then up faster to a count of 2 and hold for a sec or two. I take a 1-2 minute rest inbetween sets walking and stretching. Watch your back when you're using the donkey press...the pad on should be resting so that you don't feel it on your back, it should line up with your legs, and don't arch your back up. If you have a spotter, on the last 2 or 3 reps have them give you an extra stretch when you come down by pulling down on the machine and keeping the pressure on while you go back up.
                    Last edited by Puddles; 01-05-04, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X