training plans for newbies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• training plans for newbies

Hi all, I am very new here. I wondered if any of you guys could give me some sort of a plan to kick off my goal to shape up and bulk out. I am only about 5'11 and weigh a little over 11stone. Need to work on my abs (shedding some excess and toning) and chest (pumping and defining). I have put on around a stone and a half over last 18 months and want to put the weight to good use (mass). Legs could also do with a good push too as they never really defined even when most active (except calves). Any help or tips to do with diets and/or traing plan ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

First you have to decide wheather you want to bulk or cut. Then stick with that for a while. Second I don't know what a stone is.

Comment

sorry, I think my weight would work out to around 150 pounds. I want to gain more weight still for sure, but I dont want to look fat with it as i put it on. While the weight is gaining, I would like to look toned , but once I start getting to a weight I am comfortable with, I will then look at cutting.

Comment

Well unfortunately it dosn't work like that. You can kind of do that but it will take you a really long time. But lifting heavy is the way to put on mass. Heavy weight at 4-6 reps. What's your workout routine like right now?

Comment

it isn't, I just have this really big bug in my ass to turn myself into something else! I used to draw pictures out of MuscleMag etc and always thought the body is so cool when it is sculpted that way. I just want to make something of myself instead of putting on wieght and just looking fat.

Comment

as I said on topic, I am a real noob to this but have a positive vibe right now

Comment

Well you can add LBM without adding too much fat. But you won't get that look until you cut it up after bulking it too that point. Your bf% won't increase too much as long as you keep your diet as clean as possible. I'm sure you've heard about calories in vs calories out. That true to some exctent. You want to give your body the calories from the proper food to be used efficiantly. If you have a certain diet then post it up and someone with expert knowledge will help you with it. As far as the training goes make sure your form and technique are perfect.

Comment

Check out http://www.theministryoffitness.com/exercises.htm
                it might help with some examples of training you can do. Stay cool.

Comment

thx psyko1 :)

Comment

anybody got any ideas for food/diet?

Comment

No problem bro. Like Shibby said any specific questions you have about your diet ask on the nutrition section. Someone will help you out.

Comment

that was just what I was looking for. I,m just like NEMES1S here, except i weigh about 140 poundsand I'm 5'36.THX guys...well of course I intend on loosing that weight not gaining more:P I hope I can count on you later:).

Comment

Best of luck in your new endevours.... remmeber that diet and training are key.

Comment

Working...
                          X