deadlifts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deadlifts?

If I'm correct there are two types of deadlifts: the stiff leg one and the regular one.

Can someone clue me in which one is more effective?

Stiff legged ones r for hams, and the regular ones r for back and definitely more so an overall mass builder....you can do stiff ones on ur leg day and the others on ur back day...hope that helps.

Comment

Correct.

Comment

Stiff will get the lower back along with the hams, whichever you choose to concentrate on. Regular is good for the whole body from the shoulders(to hold the weight) to the back and legs(obviously). Deads are the best overall lift to that hits the most body parts weither you are working speed or heavy weights.

Comment

If i could only do one excercise the rest of my life it would have to be deadlifts. its the single best lift for overall strength and muscle building.

Comment

I also like sumo style deadlift.

Comment

Originally posted by LARGELI
              If i could only do one excercise the rest of my life it would have to be deadlifts. its the single best lift for overall strength and muscle building.
              i guess i need to start doin them more often then

Comment

Originally posted by Nekrawulf
                I also like sumo style deadlift.

How are those done?

Comment

I'm having trouble with my form, does anyone have a video of someone doing DL's properly?

Comment

Check at http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/exercise1.htm

Comment

For the Sumo deads your stance is a little wider and you grip in the middle of the bar, inside your legs. For the traditional deadlift my feet are slightly closer together and the grip is wider, just outside your legs. I always use the powerlifting grip (1 palm up, 1 palm down) The deadlift is a fantastic total body workout...forearms, shoulders, traps, back, quads, hams. You will get thick quick if you do these on a regular basis.

Comment

Rack deadlifts are cool as hell too. Set the pins just below knee level and pull the bar from there. Lets you add a helluva lot more weight, and focus more on the back than the legs.

I switch to these when my deadlift starts to stagnate.

Comment

Re: deadlifts?

Originally posted by TheRussian
                          If I'm correct there are two types of deadlifts: the stiff leg one and the regular one.

Can someone clue me in which one is more effective?

i sumo but alot n practice we use traditional because it uses more back therefore makes u stronger than sumo but sumo u should pull more weight bc it takes 33% of d stress off ur back sumo 4 meets but train real hard traditional
                          this type of workout got me 2 a 640 deadlift sumo weighn 146
                          i can only pull 610 traditional

Comment

Re: Re: deadlifts?

Originally posted by Manemane
                            i sumo but alot n practice we use traditional because it uses more back therefore makes u stronger than sumo but sumo u should pull more weight bc it takes 33% of d stress off ur back sumo 4 meets but train real hard traditional
                            When you say your weighn 146... is that pounds or kilograms?

Comment

Re: Re: deadlifts?

Originally posted by Manemane
                              Then you are the american record holder for your weight class, providing you competed in the under 148 division. Course, the only record I could find for that weight was 616lbs.

If you compete in the 148 and over, then you are only 26lbs away from an American record.

I'd have to see that to believe it. Do you have a video camera?
                              Last edited by G-S; 08-30-04, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X