Cardio/Fat Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardio/Fat Loss

I'm trying to plan ahead on cutting regimen for the summer. Losing the most fat with as little muscle loss as possible is obviously optimal. There won't be much of a change in my diet besides a small reduction in fat intake. I plan on doing cardio 3-5 days a week along with my lifting. How long of cardio sessions should I be doing? I was thinking 30-45 minute sessions either before or after my workout. Which is optimum and for what length of time? All opinions are appreciated...

Thanks,
    GNR

Re: Cardio/Fat Loss

Originally posted by get'n ripped
    I'm trying to plan ahead on cutting regimen for the summer. Losing the most fat with as little muscle loss as possible is obviously optimal. There won't be much of a change in my diet besides a small reduction in fat intake. I plan on doing cardio 3-5 days a week along with my lifting. How long of cardio sessions should I be doing? I was thinking 30-45 minute sessions either before or after my workout. Which is optimum and for what length of time? All opinions are appreciated...

Thanks,
    GNR
    what is your weight now? how much do you want to lose? do you have an accurate bf% measurment to go by? You might want to know that diet plays more a key in losing weight than cardio sessions.

Comment

Yeah, I'm aware how important diet is when it comes to any aspect of fitness/bodybuilding. I'm at about 165 right now, am hoping to get to around 175-180 by the end of march. I don't have a way to accurately measure bf%, but I'd guestimate I'm at around 15%, give or take 1 or 2%. I'm hoping not to lose much in way of bodyweight, but rather just bf.

Comment

Originally posted by get'n ripped
        Yeah, I'm aware how important diet is when it comes to any aspect of fitness/bodybuilding. I'm at about 165 right now, am hoping to get to around 175-180 by the end of march. I don't have a way to accurately measure bf%, but I'd guestimate I'm at around 15%, give or take 1 or 2%. I'm hoping not to lose much in way of bodyweight, but rather just bf.
        wait you said that you want to do a cutting regime but you are starting at 165 and you want to get to 175-180. that means you want to GAIN lean body mass with minimal extra weight, not lose bodyfat and gain minimal muscle. I am confused here.

Comment

I said I was trying to plan ahead for a cutting regimen...I'm bulking right now, trying to gain lean mass., hoping to be at 175-180 by the end of march. Then I'll maintain for a couple weeks then start the cutting...Make sense?

Comment

I prefer running/jogging post lifting due to the fatigue and the sweat. Not something I feel like being drenched in a gym for hours with while I still have to lift.

Comment

Working...
            X