Time Spent Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Spent Training

A few months ago I remember reading a post someone made [couldn't find it] but they were talking about getting all their training done in just 3 or 4 days.

I was like there's no way I could do that, I've got to be in the gym at least 5 ta 6 days.

I remember BOUNCER even posted saying yeah 3 or 4 is about what I get myself.

So this has been on my mind since then wondering if I'm over training while not even knowing.

Close to a month ago I changed my routine around to where I could get everything done in just 4 days and having just those 2 days off has really changed things for me.

My recovery has been so great, I can push harder, my drive is more intense, noticeable gains and what I like the most is I can mentally focus more on the targeted muscle. Instead of focusing on aching joints,

So whoever made that post. Thanks. lol

Originally posted by piratex View Post
    A few months ago I remember reading a post someone made [couldn't find it] but they were talking about getting all their training done in just 3 or 4 days.

I was like there's no way I could do that, I've got to be in the gym at least 5 ta 6 days.

So this has been on my mind since then wondering if I'm over training while not even knowing.

Close to a month ago I changed my routine around to where I could get everything done in just 4 days and having just those 2 days off has really changed things for me.

My recovery has been so great, I can push harder, my drive is more intense, noticeable gains and what I like the most is I can mentally focus more on the targeted muscle. Instead of focusing on aching joints,

I go 6x a week. Work body part twice a week.. I'm fine... one workout day heavy and the other mostly isolation

Comment

I wanted the mindset to where the gym was part of my daily routine but me personally having extra time off / rest has been huge for me. I like training a muscle then the next day feeling the muscles sore reaction and that wasn't happening to often. Even if I stepped it up it was like my muscles were use to it but they weren't use to rest. lol

Comment

I'm off everyday. So I can rest for those 22 hours😄

Comment

I try to get it done in 4 if at all possible. Hit it and get out of there.

Comment

My schedule is so hectic right now I'm only getting to the gym 2 days most weeks. I do upper body one day and lower the next. I'm still gaining and maintaining well and recovery is a breeze.The average guy will get far better results on a 3-4 week training plan rather than a 6-7 day routine that leads to burnout and injury.

Comment

How old are you? As you get older, less is more. It is easy to overtrain. I have found that 3-4 times a week is plenty for me. On off days from the gym, I usually stretch and walk. I will be 53 in a couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                How old are you? As you get older, less is more. It is easy to overtrain. I have found that 3-4 times a week is plenty for me. On off days from the gym, I usually stretch and walk. I will be 53 in a couple of months.
                I disagree. It's not like bodybuilding is intense. Most people go 45-mins to 1 hour. You barely burn any glycogen when lifting weights. Unless you do a heavy leg session or doing a bunch of hiit or some crossfit shit & if you enhanced it just makes it easier to recover. As long as you getting proper sleep & nutrition you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by piratex View Post

I'm also trying to do 3-4 days a week. So far, I'm loving the effect that I got from it.

Comment

4 days a week in the gym and 2 days a week I play soccer. I don’t need more than 4 days in the gym. 45 min workouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
                      2 days a week I play soccer.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post

I disagree. It's not like bodybuilding is intense. Most people go 45-mins to 1 hour. You barely burn any glycogen when lifting weights. Unless you do a heavy leg session or doing a bunch of hiit or some crossfit shit & if you enhanced it just makes it easier to recover. As long as you getting proper sleep & nutrition you should be fine.
                        Not sure how I missed Bori's response here.

Well, listen to your body. For me, I find that if I train more than 4 days a week, my joints (not muscles) are sore and I accumulate niggling injuries. For me 3-4 days is the sweet spot - enough to keep my strength and size, without overdoing it. Note, I am 53, never been on AAS, and interested in functional fitness and being lean, not on getting big. So, adjust what I said according to your goals.

Comment

I have 3 workouts per week to keep fit.

Comment

Working...
                          X