Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Desperate Fat Girl

Hello,
    I'm new to this board. I've been reading through the forum trying to get info on using Clen and Winny. First off, I'm 28, 5'2, 160lbs. I've been working out, cardio - 6 days a week for 1 1/2 hr, and weight training 3 times week for about 2 months along with a good diet. (mostly protein) The results are so minimal that I'm starting to lose my mind!!!
    What is the best thing for a women to take for fat loss.... A friend of mine told me Winny is the way to go, but I'm very unsure and don't want to mess up. I know I should research alot more but I'm desperate and running out of time. I would appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks. GG

IMHO, if you've only been working out for 2 months you ARE NOT READY for AAS or any other drug. Winny WILL NOT make you lose fat, diet and training are the way to lose fat. First, you're doing WAY too much cardio and not enough lifting. Why don't you post up your diet and we can start there.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      I can't seem to get my information right. I would have never thought that I was doing too much cardio when everything I've ever read said that Cardio was what gets the fat off. I understand that you must incorporate weight training with everything but doing more than I already am scares me a little - that whole bulking up idea. ?? I've heard so many things .... heavy on weight- not alot of reps, ... low on weight, lots of reps. ??? Confusing! As far as my diet. I eat about 3-4 times a day. Mostly protein & vegetables, chicken, beef, shakes...etc. The only time I have carbs is in the morning. Could it be my diet that's wrong?? GG

Comment

Yes, your diet is probably putting you into starvation mode! Your metabolism slows down dramatically when you don't eat enough. You should be eating every 2-3 hours with lots of protein. Forget everything you've learned about dieting and listen to what the ladies here tell you about diet and training.

Just a few years ago I was over 200 lbs and I'm 5'3". What helped me to loose the weight and keep it off was eating clean and lifting heavy. Cardio is very good for you but don't do too much. Don't be afraid of lifting heavy. You are not going to bulk up. It takes many years of training and usually pleanty of help from steroids for a woman to get that very muscular look you probably don't like.

Hope this helps some....

Here's a idea of how Redsquirrel is eating:

M1: 4 oz. ground beef
        1/2c. oatmeal
        4 egg whites
        2 whole eggs

M2: Shake w/ 4 strawberries

M3: 6oz. chicken, fish or turkey
        6oz. sweet potato
        1c. green veggies
        2 tsp. flax

M4: Same as 2

M5: 7oz. chicken,fish, turkey or lean red meat
        3/4c. brown rice
        1c. veggies
        2 tsp. flax

Here's a version of my diet when I was loosing weight:

Breakfast:

A protein shake (lean body for her with water)

or

oatmeal (1/2 cup raw, made with water, cinnamon, and splenda, nuked for 1 to 1 ½ min.)

or

egg beaters (you can add in omlet veggies like onions, green peppers, mushrooms, etc. and light sprinkle of lowfat cheese.)

Snack:

about 2 to 4 oz. grilled chicken or lean steak burger, depending on how hungry I am

Lunch:

4-6 oz. Protein on a salad (grilled chicken, burger, canned chicken, tuna, salmon) with about 2 tsp. lowfat raspberry walnut vinnagrete dressing or mustard. If I didn't have a snack, sometimes I'll add a piece of multigrain bread and sometimes I’ll skip the salad part and just have it as a sandwich if breakfast was protein and not carbs.

Snack:

2-4 oz. protein (chicken or burger)

or

Publix lowfat artificially sweetened yogurt

or

protein shake

Dinner:

4-6 oz. protein with veggies, usually broccoli

Snack:

If it's late and I'm still hungry I'll have a rice cake or a piece of multigrain bread or a little more protein, depending on what else I've eaten during the day. Sometimes I’ll have a Publix lowfat artificially sweetened yogurt.

Water: at least a gallon.

I average one cheat meal a week...sometimes pizza, sometimes something healthier, sometimes something worse. It's good to throw in a cheat night once a week to kind of confuse your metabolism.

When it comes to training in the gym I lift as heavy as I can for 12 reps per set, 3-4 sets per exercise, 3-4 exercises per body part. I'm really bad and don't do cardio regularly, but doing it a few times a week either first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or after you've trained with weights seems to work best.

If you start eating like this and training hard you may not see very much of a difference in the scale but you will start to notice changes in the way your clothes fit. A few months ago I was weighing 150 but wearing a size 7 or 9 in pants. I just took a few months off from training because of injury and my diet has been shitty during that time. I weigh 160 now and my size 9 pants are snug. Grrrrrrrrrr. It's a never ending battle but it's something that can be accomlished if you keep at it! I know now that I'm back on track it'll only take me a few weeks before my 9's are comfortable again and the 7's aren't too far behind. :)

If you're serious and listen to what the ladies here tell you to do, you'll be happy with how you can change your body. But it's up to you. You have to do all the work and it's not going to happen over night, but you will see some wonderful changes in a few short months if you're really comitted.

There is no magic pill that's going to do it for you. Steroids are helpful for gaining muscle with the right training...they're helpful for maintaining muscle while you diet to loose fat, but they will not make you loose fat alone.

We're here to help you, so don't be afraid to ask questions. :)

Comment

Thx MrsPuddles. There's alot of things I need to change. Its so damn frustrating, I thought I was doing things right. I've been doing some reading since posting my message and I'm really way off on everything. I will definitely give it a go.

My goal is to lose 40lbs by July, do you think that's a realistic goal? That is if I change my training and diet like you had mentioned? Also... is there a certain cut off time when you shouldn't eat anymore? I've heard so many things, "don't eat after 6"... "eat whenever you feel hungery - even if it's late".

That's all the questions I have for now. I really appreciate your advice. I will start tomorrow. GG

Comment

Gypsygirl, I don't know about loosing 40 lbs by July but I'm sure you can drop a few sizes. If you're going to be lifting weights (which I strongly recommend) the scale will not be a good judge since you'll be putting on muscle while you're loosing fat! 5 months is a long time and I'm sure you'll be happy with your results. As for eating late...just avoid carbs later in the evening. If you're hungry, yes, do eat, but stick to things like lean meats (ie. chicken breast) and veggies. I'm usually up until after midnight so I have to have a snack after dinner.

I love to enjoy good foods, but to be healthy, normally I just look at food as fuel for my body. There's a saying...Nothing tastes as good as looking good feels. It's so true!

Processed and fast foods are killer. They're loaded with carbs or fat or both. Avoid them like the plague. Drinking will also ruin your diet, so if you drink, only have one or two drinks on your cheat night. You can find some good ideas in the recipe's forums on the boards.

As you build muscle you'll feel much better too. The more muscle you have on your body the more quickly you will burn callories. It also feels fantastic when you're doing daily activities...you will actually feel your muscles working through the day. I love it when I'm driving and my thigh tightens up as I step on the break. It's hard to explain...it just feels good.

Since your body is probably in starvation mode, don't freak out if the scale goes up a couple of pounds the first week. Your body will adjust quickly by eating the right foods and you'll start loosing fat. Also, make sure you're drinking pleanty of water. A gallon or more a day is very important when you're trying to loose fat. Try to avoid diet soda's because they have a lot of sodium. Caffeine is also not very good because it interferes with insuline production (I'm not sure how). If you drink coffee or tea, try not to have more than 2 cups a day.

Take a good multi-vitamin too. This will help ensure you're getting the nutrients you need plus it may help keep your energy levels up.

Good luck hun! Stick around here and keep us posted on your progress. No question will be too stupid, so don't be afraid to ask! :)

Why don't you give us an idea of how you're training in the gym and we can help tweak that for ya.

Comment

Mrs.P's advice is right on! What would also help is if you start keeping a food diary. Log EVERYTHING you eat and drink in it as well as training. Then post up about 3 days worth here so that we can help you tweek it.

To reiterate what Mrs.P has already said:
              - Eat 5-6 small meals per day, eat every 2-3 hours.
              - Carbs should be low GI and mostly consumed in the am, these include, plain oatmeal, brown rice, yams, and veggies.
              - Do NOT eat processed carbs like bread, tortillas, muffins, bagels, etc.
              - Eat protein at every meal
              - Drink at least a gallon of water a day

As far as cardio goes, since you've been doing 11/2 hours a day it's safe to assume that this has been sort of steady state cardio. Try this instead:

2 x week a session of HIIT cardio.

HIIT = High Intensity Interval training. For example, on an elliptical trainer, warm up for 5 minutes, then do 1 minute of cardio at a rate that you can maintain for 30 minutes, followed by 1 minute at a higher level, balls to the wall sprint. Repeat for a total of 10-20 minutes. If you are really sprinting during the high intensity interval, 20 minutes of this and you'll think your gonna die! But you won't.

2 x week regular cardio for 30 minutes, in the manner you've been doing. Do it either when you wake up on an empty stomach, or AFTER your weight training.

NO ONE needs to do 11/2 hours 6 days a week to loose weight, and I'm willing to bet dollars for doughnuts that it's doing you more harm than good.

Comment

these women really know their stuff. i know what you mean about being frustrated. but listen to their advice....DONT PAY SO MUCH ATTENTION TO THAT SCALE!!!! pay attention to how your clothes are fitting you. muscle weighs more than fat. ex: say you have to balls the size of softballs. 1 is made of fat = it will weigh 1 pound. the other softball is made of muscle = it will weigh 3 pounds. muscle weighs 3 times what fat weighs. i usually measure each body part and try on the same pair of jeans in order to tell how much progress i'm making. good luck!

Comment

Working...
                X