X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP ME!!! IM SO CONFUSED ON MY PRE CONTEST DIET

9:00AM 2 egg whites 1 yolk, 1 cup plain oatmeal

I
    Last edited by bebe; 03-02-04, 01:07 PM.

How many calories is that per day? looks low from a glance, how about macronutrients? protein/carbs/fat?

Looks to me like you need a few things:
    1 - more protein
    2 - more healthy fats

A typical day for me at 6 weeks out from my show was as follows:

1 - 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 4 oz. ground turkey and 1/2 grapefruit
    2 - 1/2 c. uncooked oats, 1.5 scoops of protein powder
    3 - a HUGE salad full of veggies (i'd say 4-5 cups of veggies) and 5 ozs. of chicken or tuna
    4 - a can of tuna and tomato
    5 - 6 oz chicken or sirloin steak and 2-3 cups veggies

I am your height, and was a few lbs less worth of lean mass.

Hope that helps.

Comment

IMO, you need to eat more protein - a lot more protein:

Ex.

9:00AM 8 egg whites 1 yolk, 1 cup plain oatmeal
      12:00PM 8 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup plain oatmeal
      3:00PM 1 chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup vegtables
      6:00PM 8 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1 cup vegtables
      9:00PM 1 chicken breast, 1 1/2 cup vegtables

Comment

FYI,

You're going 12 hrs with no nutrition between 9PM and 9Am and both of those meals are very low in protein and on top of it both of them come right after workouts.

By what SGFitness says...muslce up, you might be better off weight training in moring, this way you are fully rested, and then you give your body protein all day, and then at night you can do your cardio, although for some this might hinder rest, although on your schedule you should be falling into bed ready for that pillow.

Admire your determination, takes alot to do a contest and a ton of willpower. Benefits is you will definitely get to know your own body better like sgfitness said, it's how your own body responds to things, not how others.

Might up the water too 1.5 too 2 gallons, you should be visiting the restroom all day.

Also, off the top of my head do not know the exact number, yet think it is something like 125 mg of sodium per egg. Staying at or below 1,000mg per day will help drain any water you hold, and then the last week or so is when you try and cut all sodium and intake less water per day too ring as much water out as possible while still holding muscle.

As you know that last week is critical, you'll definitely learn alot there.

Good Luck

Comment

Well, I bumped up in protein and I have been doing 2 hours of cardio a day.
          Last edited by bebe; 03-02-04, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bebe
            Well, I bumped up in protein and I have been doing 2 hours of cardio a day. I also teach a Total Body Conditioning class everyday. Im hitting the weights hard to. Since im doing 2 hours of cardio, teaching and training do I need to bump up my calories? Or should I even be worried about calories and focus on how much protein I can get in? Im also taking OPTI PRO soy protein for my shakes it has 180 cal. 4 carbs and 33 protein 0 sugar. How many of these shakes do you think I should limit myself to? NOT ONLY THAT! But man I eat every 3 hours and when I go to bed I am sweating my butt off burning up! And it never fails my body wakes up every 3 freakin hours to eat! UGHHHH
            That's an obvious sign your internal fire is constantly burning, which is good. IMO, you need to limit yourself to 2 shakes/day. What about healthy fats like Flax? Are you taking any of that? You can't lose fat unless you eat healthy fat. What are your total calories right now? What are your pro/carb/fat ratios? SInce you have upped your activity, it is possible you still aren't eating enough. The problem with your situation is this: you need to find someone in your town to help you. Someone who will do your BF each week, and be able to make the proper adjustments. In all actuality, in order to be in the 8% BF range (which is where figure competitors should be) you need to lose about 1/2% BF a week.

Comment

It is possible to help someone over the net. If you have access to a digital camera, or at least purchase a pair of calipers and have someone who knows what they are doing do your pinches..

IMO, you calories are way too low for your weight and height. Therefore your body thinks you're starving it so it's holding onto whatever you put in it. You fats need to be higher as well.

If you want help with this show diet, PM me if you want. My husband helps several BBers over the net for shows. As long as you can follow directions, and are diligent in sending your weekly pinches, it can be done, and can be done well. Again, we would be happy to help. Send me a PM if you want help.

I can totally relate about not wanting to get on stage unless you are at your best potentail. No one does.

Comment

After re-reading your post, I realize you only have 6 weeks...Hon, I hate to tell you this, but even if you ate chicken and lettuce for the next 6 weeks, you still wouldn't come in shape. Figure girls are in the 8% BF range, and at your rate, you would be 11% on stage. You may want to look into doing a later show so you can have the proper guidance and nutrition.

Comment

Working...
                X