Please help lil 'ol me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help lil 'ol me

I'm new in these parts, and since you are all MUCH smarter than me, I would be most grateful if you got a chance to help me :D

I am 5ft4" weighed 101.2 pounds 2 months ago, tweaked my diet a bit, supplementing with carb & protein shakes, gotten upto 105.6 pounds now, and my bodyfat is 17.5%. I want to gain a bit of lean muscle. So far I have been doing 6 days a week, with weights, no cardio (I'm afraid to lose weight). My metabolism is so fast I have to try and out eat it, which is difficult. So far I have been managing to eat 5-6 times a day and the carb shake is doing wonders.

I have been doing only heavy weights, as heavy as I can go and low reps. I want one of those nice bubble bums all the girls have here :agree: Know what I mean? I have been doing most the mass building excercises like squats, SLDL etc.

Right any suggestions to what I should be doing? Or do I carry on with heavy weights low reps? :dunno:

Sounds like your doing pretty good from what I read. Not sure how clean your diet is. But when putting on LBM it's not just about eating alot of calories but getting your calories from the right foods.

Comment

i also think that the diet is where you can improve most.

but write down your current routine, lets see it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMuscle
        i also think that the diet is where you can improve most.

but write down your current routine, lets see it.
        Thanks Mr Nekkid lol, as soon as I get a chance I wil (am at work now) snifffffff:bawl:

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
          Sounds like your doing pretty good from what I read. Not sure how clean your diet is. But when putting on LBM it's not just about eating alot of calories but getting your calories from the right foods.
          Ahh the man of the hour hath returnethed...lol:rofl:

Lemme see today I had my Celltech Shake, then I had a delicious steak pie, then I had an EAS Advantage drink, its now time for my next meal, I will make wholegrain brown bread with loads of peanutbutter and I will get some potatoe wedges. Later on I probably some nuts and a chocolate and for dinner I usually cook a proper meal (rice/potatoes/meat/chicken/fish and vegetables)and snack my way through the night.

Tell me what I am missing?:agree:

Comment

I was thinking about your training routine missy.

we are talking about the diet on another post remmeber.

Comment

It's not what your missing but what your adding. Trying to get to much from shakes and chocolate is a major no no. How much PB? Anything in moderation. Last, Most people that have potatoe wedges add so much junk to them. Otherwise they would just be baked potatos

Comment

go to www.fitday.com and start documenting your daily diet. it will probably reveal to you that though you're eating quit often, you might not be getting enough protein and cals overall. there's a thread in the nutrition area that YellowJacket posted which calculates a person's BMR and min cals required to MAINTAIN current body weight. so if you want to gain, you obviously need to eat more.

since this is the training area, i will also comment that i think you're current routine is fine. you need to squat (free weight squats preferably) heavy, and do sldl's... so sounds like you're on the right track! ;)

Comment

OMG-I have found my twin on here! I am also between 5'3 and 5'4 and weigh 106lbs. You workout sound fine. Lift heavy! As far as diet goes. It sounds like you may not be getting enough protein. How many total grams of protein are you getting a day?

Comment

Working...
                  X