Waxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waxing

So, tomorrow I'm going for my first bikini wax EVER!! Anyone have any tips, or words of wisdom before I go? How bad does it hurt??? Do you have to go every 6 weeks for life? Can you shave it if it comes back before 6 weeks?

Ouch .........Good Luck

Comment

i use nair...

Comment

Re: Waxing

Originally posted by redsquirrel
        So, tomorrow I'm going for my first bikini wax EVER!! Anyone have any tips, or words of wisdom before I go? How bad does it hurt??? Do you have to go every 6 weeks for life? Can you shave it if it comes back before 6 weeks?
        Hey take a few advils before ya go....and don't do it while your on your period or it will hurt worse!! How bald are ya going? I will tell you the closer you get to the pink parts is where it really hurts! But the more you do it the less it will hurt. Also your hair will grow in a lot finer and more sparse. Waxing eventually kills hair follicles :) You can shave it, but I always let mine grow out longer and just get it rewaxed again.

Comment

Red...how'd it go? I'm too chicken to try it. LOL

Comment

It actually went really well...MUCH better than I expected. It really didn't hurt that bad. I think my eyes watered on the first patch...they watered more when she did my eyebrows. I think the closer I get to my show, I may have to go ahead with the Brazilian...EEEK!!! The facial was really good,too. The one thing I don't like about facials, is my face breaks out like 2 days after my facial...I guess all of the toxins and dirt exitting my skin...gross.LOL

Comment

Glad it wasn't too bad. :) I still wanna try lazer but I gotta save the money first.

I break out a day or two after a massage, I always thought it was from the oil but maybe it's from toxins, who knows.

Comment

I dunno about laser....I've heard THAT hurts worse than waxing!!! And I guess, I don't feel that secure with the possible long term effects. I mean it seems to me that it would be in the same arena as x-rays, radiation, etc..Just my thoughts.

Comment

The lazer hair removal should not hurt at all. They don't affect the skin, they just attack the hair, the pigment in the hair actually. It won't work on very light blonde or grey hair. I never thought about sides from it though...so much new technology and I think we're still all guinea pigs to some degree. Just like when they first started treating women with hrt then 30 yrs. goes by and they find problems.

Comment

Working...
                  X