Why do women loose their period...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do women loose their period...

Why do women loose their period when their bf% gets low enough and what is the biologics behind it?

When your BF gets so low, your body doesn't produce nearly enough estrogen to warrant a menstrual cycle....Estrogen obviously is a main factor in menstruation.

Also when on AAS, the same thing happens. Due to higher testerone levels, and very low estrogen levels, many women don't get their period for several months for the same reason women don't get it when thier BF gets really low...makes sense why some women develop masculine features why on...

Comment

I've also heard it's a natural biological defense? Your body knows it could not support a pregnancy, therefore stops ovulating. Laymans terms to say the least but I always understood it described in that manner.

Comment

Originally posted by rubberduckyo
        I've also heard it's a natural biological defense? Your body knows it could not support a pregnancy, therefore stops ovulating. Laymans terms to say the least but I always understood it described in that manner.

I know a lot of PT's and this is correct. I've been in gymnastics since 8 and still am in it, if a gymnast looses her period, she is supposed to tell the gym and they have the nutritionist here to help maintain a proper bodyfat.

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel
          When your BF gets so low, your body doesn't produce nearly enough estrogen to warrant a menstrual cycle....Estrogen obviously is a main factor in menstruation.

Also when on AAS, the same thing happens. Due to higher testerone levels, and very low estrogen levels, many women don't get their period for several months for the same reason women don't get it when thier BF gets really low...makes sense why some women develop masculine features why on...
          I believe that is what I said in the first paragraph? Your BF gets low because you are not producing enough estrogen, they actually happen simultaneously. Estrogen is the culprit for women losing/gaining BF. THerefore you would not ovulate, and not need to menstruate. Estrogen is what produces a menstrual cycle. Forget about the pregnancy if you can't even ovulate!

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel
            Your BF gets low because you are not producing enough estrogen, they actually happen simultaneously. Estrogen is the culprit for women losing/gaining BF.
            Don't flame me here...just thinking about something...if a woman's estrogen levels were lowered would that help her to lower bf? If so, what would be helpful in lowering estrogen? Also, what would be negative about lowering estrogen levels?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsPuddlesFL
              Also, what would be negative about lowering estrogen levels?
              Pseudo menopause. Hair growth, bone lose (osteoporosis), increased risk of ovarian cancer...........to name a few.

Comment

Don't flame me here...just thinking about something...if a woman's estrogen levels were lowered would that help her to lower bf? If so, what would be helpful in lowering estrogen? Also, what would be negative about lowering estrogen levels?
                No worries!!! Yes. If a womans estrogen is low or non existent, that does make it easier to lose BF. Obviously AAS lowers estrogen levels which is why many experience leaner effects while on. Negatives to lowering estro levels are cycling it properly so it doesn't completely mess up your reproductive system, or once your estrogen goes back to normal, make you gain more BF than before...Kind of like T3, if not tapered properly it can seriosly mess w/ your thyroid. Anti-e's like Nolvadex are used pre contest to help with the extra BF women can't seem to lose. But again, it has to be tapered properly, or it can produce very adverse effects.;)

Comment

Since I don't loose my periods on cycle, would the assumption that my estrogen levels are not low be likely? Prior to doing any cycles I had my levels checked and estrogen was on the higher end of the scale. How does a woman use Nolvadex (timing, dosing, tapering on/off, etc.)?

Comment

Since I don't loose my periods on cycle, would the assumption that my estrogen levels are not low be likely? Prior to doing any cycles I had my levels checked and estrogen was on the higher end of the scale. How does a woman use Nolvadex (timing, dosing, tapering on/off, etc.)?
                    That would be a correct assumption.

MrsP- A woman only really wants to use Nolvadex if they are prepping for a contest. THe drug is not something to be played around with due to the fact it messes with your estrogen levels. I've taken VERY SMALL doses for a very short time (2 weeks) post cycle to assist with any additional fat loss, but small enough doses to not mess with my reproductive system too dramatically. Nolvadex is primarily used to harden up a woman's physique pre-contest.

If you do want to use it, I wouldn't do it any longer than 4 weeks-MAX MAX MAX!!! The drug must be tapered, and I wouldn't go over 10mgs/day....The most I took was 5! I noticed a very small benefit...helped get rid of a little water..that's it. And it's not like anything else where you can cycle it or time on=time off. Clen, AAS, whatever...it's something 99% of the time used for pre-contest. Other than that, and maybe a little help with a small amount of BF loss (MAYBE) and water loss post cycle, I wouldn't waste your time or money. You can get equal results through diet!!:D

Comment

Thanks, Red! It's obviously not something for me. I appreciate you explaining it in detail. :kiss:

Comment

Thanks, Red! It's obviously not something for me. I appreciate you explaining it in detail. :kiss:
                        I'm happy to assist!!! The other thing I have found that has truly helped with BF loss, and other tremendous physique changes is my al time favorite- GH. It's fat burning properties are second to none. I especially love it when taking it with AAS. The growth I have experienced with it is amazing! I take it post cycle as well to help further with fat loss while cutting...I'll say it agaiN- I LOVE IT!!! I have seen signifcant changes in my body for the better. In addition, great leaps in muscle maturity!!

Comment

redsquirrel, what is GH? I've never heard of that... DG

Comment

Originally posted by dreamgirl
                            redsquirrel, what is GH? I've never heard of that... DG
                            Human Growth Hormone. I left the 1st H off, sorry! GH is mostly prescribed for AIDS patients and the elderly to prevent muscle wasting. The properties of GH make it possible to build or at least maintain the muscle that AIDS or old age can produce.

When we are healthy children, or bodies produce an enormous amount of HGH, naturally in the body to make us grow into adolescence. As we get into our early 20's our bodies start producing less and less HGH. Making it harder to build muscle, lose weight, etc. That's why we get wrinkles. Our bodies are no longer producing enough HGH to grow enough colagen to maintain the elasticity. When taken later in life, it can actually maintain or grow the muscle we already have. Taken with AAS, the possiblities are much greater than AAS or HGH alone to grow muscle.

Comment

this is a wierd question, but is HGH only black market? or a DR's prescription?

Comment

Working...
                              X