Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clen (I know it gets tiring reading that word)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clen (I know it gets tiring reading that word)

Hi Girls, I've been reading for a while, haven't posted much but since 'Ology is kinda slow right now I thought I might post here for some advice. A little on my background... 19 ys old. 5'4 weighing in at about 129 right now. Over the past 10 months have lost about 30 lbs. all diet and excercise (and help from EC stack). My body already hit a plateu (sp?) in about the middle of December - so I took two weeks off working out and strict dieting, then when I started up again in January I ploughed through that rough spot. Well I finally think I've hit the point where I can no longer lose the bf naturally. I'm planning on ordering a cycle of clen soon. I know you're goign to ask about the diet - so here goes. I eat 6 smaller meals a day, good carbs in the morning very few in the evening, lots of chicken, tuna, protein bars and shakes when I'm short on time, banana and pb (i need the fiber) and 99% fat free yogurt. As far as exercise, I usually do 3-4 times a week weights, and cardio 6 days a week for an hour. this is the reason I've decided on clen- diet is already very clean and theres no way I can do more cardio than I am.

Now my question is on dosage and timing. I have read start at 20 mcg and work my way up to around 80 or 100 if possible (basically only as much as I can tolerate) and do 2 on 2 off or 3 on 3 off. How long should the cycle be exactly and is this dosing correct? I am assuming I'm around a 24% bodyfat-not positive because I still have some extra skin left over from losing so much weight. Pictures are here http://www.hookupboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=757 and notice I'm on a "cutting" diet right now to see if I could push myself to do a show in maybe a year or so.

thanks for all the help and ps. sorry this was so long!!

Hey beautiful!

First, double check on your carbs. PB is definitely not good for cutting because of the sugar and fat mixed in at one meal. Also, bannanas are high in carbs, if you need something with fiber, try Metamucil sugar-free. Oatmeal is loaded with soluable fiber too and it's a more complex carb as opposed to bannanas. Dairy is usually advised against while cutting...take a look at the carbs listed in your yogurt. Usually the low-fat products have high carbs (even if they use artificial sweetner).

The clen...it works for some people and not for others. Lately I've been hearing of more success with ECA stacks alone. If you're gonna try the clen, 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off with the ECA stacks inbetween usually works well. Your body will build up a tollerance to the clen making it ineffective after a while...I've seen people use it for up to 3 weeks but I'm not sure if that last week is really doing much good. Starting wtih 20 mcg is the norm, upping it another 10-20 mcg/day until you've reached your tollerance at 80 or so. Check your bp to make sure it's not too high on clen.

I was cramping up bad during training at one point and here's what Fyre suggested:

"Mrs. P are you supplementing your clen with any Taurine?
    Taurine is a must when it comes to doing a Clen cycle. If you're not using Taurine right now, go and get some.
    I prefer the powder but if you can't find the Taurine powder, you can get the pills.
    I take 3-5grams of Taurine powder every day when i'm using Clen and it does wonders. You will not cramp anymore.
    You might also want to take some potassium as well. Are you using a good Cal/Mag supp too?"

Make sure you're drinking lots of water while on clen. As for the timing, I like to spread it out so that I'm taking it in several doses through the day up until around 4pm. Be careful doing cardio on clen as the clen raises your pulse...you can try cardio in the morning before taking clen. Clen builds up and stays in your system for over 24 hrs so what you take today will combine with what you take tomorrow (I think it's got a 36 hr. half life). I like to taper off clen for a couple of days instead of just stopping. Headaches are a common side of clen as are hand tremmors but the tremmors will often subside after the first few days. Leg cramps at night are also a common side.

Comment

Hi There,
      I have tried many cycles of clen and found that the best method as Puddles says is 2 weeks on 2 weeks off with ECA on your off weeks. I started off taking 1 and building each day until I found my tolerence level which was 100mcg.
      Puddles mentioned the headaches - some people tend to get them bad - I was one of them. This can be avoided by hydrating regularly LOTS OF H20.....this will also help stave off the leg cramps.....(my husband thought I was dying in the middle of the night a couple of times!!)
      If you stick to a clean diet (lose the dairy and any "white" carbs eg.white potatoes, white rice, bread....)and continue your workout regime, you should be down BF in no time (you have a GREAT base to start with - you are very lucky - good work!)
      Good Luck!!! gc

Comment

Heheh first off thank you for the compliment :) Trust me those pictures are no base- those are after losing 30 lbs!! Second, I took your advice Puddles- I'm leaving behind the yogurt and the pb and cereal I usually have in the morning which I'm going to replace with Oatmeal. I'm going to have to find somethign to add to my water (other than crystal light) because I just hate water but obviously from what both of you said its so important. I'm goign to make an order tonight - how many weeks exactly should I go for? I know 2 on 2 off, but whats the total number? One more thing - I heard that you can take it right before you fall asleep OR in the morning or throughout the day. Is there a "best" time? Maybe spread it out? Thanks again ladies

Comment

IMO, I don't think you need to start anything yet. You've only been training for 10 months, and based on your current appearance, it won't do you much good. The hard to lose spots take a lot of time and consistent training and diet. No cycle of Clen for 2 months is going to get rid of all of it. Your diet seems pretty sound, but that is what is going to get rid of your trouble spots....although I don't see ANY. It takes awhile for your body to plateau. Change your workouts, change the times or type of cardio you do, most of all, change your diet. What kind of fats are you eating?

Comment

I must have a miracle camera (either that or I only post the better pictures, which is only natural) but I have quite a few areas that are plain old pudgy - I have a "spare tire" going that is very easy to see from the side (along with the love handles) extra weight on my thighs and arms. I have only been doing weights for 10 months, but 15 years of competitive gymnastics before that. I have tried to change up my cardio lately by doing it in the AM, and rotating machines (running does a number on my knees). Today I started the "new and improved" diet - I replaced my momrning cereal w/ plain oatmeal, I got rid of the yogurt and fruit, and I got some almond butter (which when compared to PB is much more healthy). I guess when I get rid of the PB i don't have very many fats left at all except in meat. What should I put in there to substitute? Also - what kind/brand of bread do you reccomend for sandwiches? This is one of the most convenient meals for me.
            Last edited by hotwtrbby; 05-18-04, 08:52 AM.

Comment

If you must eat bread, go with a 9 grain or whole wheat. For maximum weight loss, I would ditch the bread as well. The glutens in the bread make it difficult to digest.

Your fats seem pretty good, you really need to add some flax oil to your diet. At least 2 tsp's a day.

Comment

Originally posted by hotwtrbby
                Also - what kind/brand of bread do you reccomend for sandwiches?
                What's a sandwich? LOL I almost never eat a sandwich unless it's a cheat day once in a blue moon. But a couple of years ago I was eating a multi-grain bread that I got at Sam's Club. One slice had more carbs and callories than regular bread but it was made from grains instead of white flour and I was still loosing fat. I'd only eat a half slice if it was with egg whites or one slice cut in half as a sandwich, it's a heavy bread and 2 slices would make a HUGE sandwich.

Instead of using bread for sandwiches you can try lettuce wraps. Romaine lettuce works well and has a lot more nutrients than iceburg.

Almond butter is healthier than pb but don't be eating is on bread. Mixing carbs (in the bread) and fats (in the almond butter) together in the same meal will hinder fat loss.

Comment

You can add fruit - redsquirrel recommeded mixing strawberries in your protein shake (if you are taking shakes) and this gives me an extra boost....(thanks for that rs btw! ;) )
                  As far as bread - I have been off bread now for almost 2 weeks... and believe me I have noticed a difference already - and this was not easy 'cause I LOVE bread. If you must though - try flax seed bread....high in fibre.
                  Also - not sure what the others think - but I have NEVER taken clen before bed.....it makes you too jittery/nervous - you won't sleep.
                  I think that rs has a point though....clen is definitely not magical...I have found that out, but it does help when you are close to where you want to be and need just that x-tra boost to get to there!..... :D

Comment

Well to update you guys (in case anyone is interested) I have made a few changes :) First off I refined my diet about a week and a half ago- oatmeal in the morning, no more pb or yogurt or bread or fruit. I just want to be the first to say a perfect diet is the perfect way to lose bf :) I have lost about about 5 lbs, maybe a little muscle but deffinitely a lot of fat. My clen arrived today and I can't wait to start, although I'm thinking of POSSIBLY waiting another couple weeks and see what more I can lose w/out it. I'm going to get some taurine and advil and all that jazz but I have one more question - should I increase my meal size and decrease my cardio so that I don't blow up when I come off? Thanks for the help again

Comment

Originally posted by hotwtrbby
                      I just want to be the first to say a perfect diet is the perfect way to lose bf :)
                      I THINK WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

More than likely the weight you have lost is mostly water....probably not muscle. This is what we have been trying to tell a lot of women for quite sometime: A LOT OF YOU GOALS CAN BE MAINTAINED WITHOUT THE USE OF AAS, CLEN, ETC!!!! You are a true testament that we know what we're talking about!! LOL!!

Now, as for your questions. IMHO, I really think you need to give a long commitment to your new diet changes. We can keep making changes along the way. I wouldn't think about Clen until we've run out of options, or your body stops changing.

The cardio and meal thing I'm not understanding. When using Clen, you get best results when cardio is at its most and diet is at its cleanest. The reason people blow up once they come off is because they stop the intense cardio and diet. Not to sound condescending, but I think it would be a good idea to wait a little longer. Get some more information about it under your belt, and give your diet a chance to do its work.;)

Comment

Working...
                      X