the pill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the pill

Ok so i started taking ortho low in feb of this year and well my sex drive has demolished since a month to two months of starting the pill. Lately though my period lasts 4-9 days each month and it irritates me physically that by the 6 day it hurts me to have a tampon in and walk and ive recently started experiencing serve cramps and at times it makes me nausha. I don't have a doctor and i havent ever been to see one and ive done research on the internet to see what is happening with my body because it is also effecting my energy and workouts and ive had to get on uppers in order to have a decent workout. if anyone has had experience with anything like this please do share

First of all, get your butt in to the doctor. You should be getting an annyal GYN exam anyway, especially if you're having problems then the doctor will be the one who can diagnose you propperly and put you on the right kind of birth control. How did you get on the pill without going to the doctor and why didn't you go to the doctor first?

Comment

u can get it over the internet or go to plan parent hood and they'll give u the pill without an exam, but is what im experiencing normal or not?

Comment

I wouldn't say it's normal but symptoms like yours happen often when initially getting adjusted to the pill but very often it is happening because the kind of pill you are on is not right for your body. I'd say your need for stimulants just to work out is a sign that these pills are not good for you.

There are many kinds of bc pills out there and they don't all work the same on everyone, that's why there are so many available. The pill isn't suited for everyone though, I've tried may over the years and none of them agreed with me. My doctor suggested I use alternative methods of bc.

I strongly advise against ordering your own bc pills over the net until you speak with a qualified doctor and find what's really right for you.

:( I'm very surprised that planned parenthood has changed and no longer does physical exams. When I used them 20+ yrs. ago they were good, they did complete physical exams, pap smears, tests for STD's and in depth consultations for the prevention of pregnancy and safe sex. If you're old enough to be having sex you really need a physical exam.

Comment

Working...
        X