Training chest again...OMG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training chest again...OMG!

I just went back to training chest a year after having under the muscle implants. It took me a year to heal after complications and a second surgery. I've lost strength in some upper body exercises and I finally realized that it was probably because my chest was weak. I still can't do unassisted pull-ups but I did them before surgery. Sooo, last week I started back up and went light as a precaution. Then 2 days ago I hit them with all I had. OMG am I sore! Even my nipple hurts this morning! LOL

Feels good to be training chest again. :D

i've been getting really good chest workouts lately too. they always seem to be sore for about 2 days after. chest tomorrow :)

Comment

I wish there was something I could do for you ladies!:staypuff:

Comment

Glad things have healed well and you're back to training chest. I did mine Monday and I can still feel it when I stretch!

Comment

Glad to here all is good with yoru healing and good to see you are hitting teh chest at the gym again. Keep it up .....

Comment

I kind of know how you feel. After I broke my hand, I wasnt able to train for four weeks. Spent a lot of time doing abs, legs, and cardio. Just did chest yesterday and I had lost a lot of strength. Used to be able to get 315 for 4 sets of 7. Yesterday I half assed 2 sets of 5. Chest is sore as a mofo, but I feel good that i'm able to be doing it again.

Comment

I missed not training chest. Right before my surgery I had just begun to see some nice seperation happening and I was doing a few pull-ups. Now it's gonna take a while for that to all come back but it will eventually. I'm especially looking forward to my chest muscles helping out with other upper body work. You don't realize how much some muscles affect other muscles when you're training until you can't use them. A year after surgery I still get pain in my left pec when I do skull crushers and some other exercises...but now the pain is tollerable so I'm able to work through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddles
                I missed not training chest. Right before my surgery I had just begun to see some nice seperation happening and I was doing a few pull-ups. Now it's gonna take a while for that to all come back but it will eventually. I'm especially looking forward to my chest muscles helping out with other upper body work. You don't realize how much some muscles affect other muscles when you're training until you can't use them. A year after surgery I still get pain in my left pec when I do skull crushers and some other exercises...but now the pain is tollerable so I'm able to work through it.
                Man, I couldn't imagine not being able to train for a whole year. Probably feels like starting back at square one. Four weeks and I can already tell that my upper chest is lagging now. My back has gotten considerably week as well. Since chest is an antagonist muscle, i'm sure that has something to do with it. Shoulders have gotten weaker as well. I was making some really good progress till I broke my hand. If you had gotten the surgery over the muscle, would that have prevented you from having to be out for a year? My g/f is looking into it, but I don't know if she should if it's going to keep her out of the game for a year.

Comment

I wasn't completely out, just couldn't train chest for the most part and it interfered with some of my other upper body progress. I had complications with staph infection, rejecting stitches and repeated infections for a few months which is what really hindered recovery.

I still prefer under the muscle for implants because I didn't want to risk sagging in a few years (I also had a lift done with the implants) and most importantly to me was that I wanted clear mamograms in the future. If you go over the muscle they can not do traditional mamograms and instead have to rely on ultrasound which isn't as effective for cancer detection. I already had natural D's so the implants just gave a little boost as I'm still wearing D or DD bras. If your g/f has plans to compete in the future though, she may want to consider going over the muscle although there are pleanty of competitors who have had no problems with under the muscle implants.

Comment

I wasn't completely out, just couldn't train chest for the most part and it interfered with some of my other upper body progress. I had complications with staph infection, rejecting stitches and repeated infections for a few months which is what really hindered recovery.

I still prefer under the muscle for implants because I didn't want to risk sagging in a few years (I also had a lift done with the implants) and most importantly to me was that I wanted clear mamograms in the future. If you go over the muscle they can not do traditional mamograms and instead have to rely on ultrasound which isn't as effective for cancer detection. I already had natural D's so the implants just gave a little boost as I'm still wearing D or DD bras. If your g/f has plans to compete in the future though, she may want to consider going over the muscle although there are pleanty of competitors who have had no problems with under the muscle implants.
                    So that pretty much means there probably won't be any titty play for at least three months. :( I know it shouldn't be a problem with under the muscle, but with an implant over the muscle, are you still able to do a regular breast exam, or will the implant get in the way?

Comment

A manual breast exam can and should still be done monthly but they are not as accurate for breast cancer detection as a mamogram.

As for the wait post-op, you won't have to wait 3 months! I think I was hurting really bad for one week, then it was not too bad after 2 weeks. If she goes under the muscle it can take months for the implants to settle into place, but they won't be painful for that whole time.

Comment

A manual breast exam can and should still be done monthly but they are not as accurate for breast cancer detection as a mamogram.

As for the wait post-op, you won't have to wait 3 months! I think I was hurting really bad for one week, then it was not too bad after 2 weeks. If she goes under the muscle it can take months for the implants to settle into place, but they won't be painful for that whole time.
                        Is it mostly the whole breast that gets the pain, or mostly just the nipple. Her nipples are really sensitive, she can cum just from having them sucked on, which makes me think that if the cut isn't healed up all the way then she ain't gonna let em out in the open.

Comment

The incisions only take a couple of weeks to heal. However, the incisions aren't the painful part. It's the implant under the muscle that really kills. Imagine someone shoving a softball under your pec and the muscle being pulled tight over it. IT HURTS. Then there are weird shock pains that come outta nowhere that radiate from the muscle to the nipple itself. I thought it was from the incision when I had my implants done but when I trained chest again a week ago and was sore, I had pain in one nipple 2 days later, same kind of pain I had after the implants were put in. I guess there are nerves in the muscle that radiate to the nipple. I also know that it's not incision pain because I had the lift done a 2nd time a few months ago and that was nothing compared to the implants, no shooting nipple pains at all.

There are also different ways to do the implants, some involve cutting by the nipple but there are other alternatives like going through the belly button and armpit.

The first time I had the surgery done I was extra sensitive in my right nipple and numb in the left one. They eventually evened out a few months later. The second time I had the lift done same thing but this time they haven't evened out yet. That can take months though.

One other consideration about going over vs. under is if your g/f ever plans to breastfeed a baby, if she goes with over the muscle she may not be able to nurse but if she goes under there should be no problem.

Comment

When you get implants done, which types of movements are you not advised to do. Also, how long before you can start running and doing cardio after surgery?

Comment

Originally posted by Taleigh21
                              When you get implants done, which types of movements are you not advised to do. Also, how long before you can start running and doing cardio after surgery?
                              You're not supposed to lift anything heavy for a week after surgery. You'll figure out which movements hurt and you won't do them (like stretching your arms back to put a jacket on will hurt with unders for about a month). Over the muscle is less restrictive than under but I think most doctors will want you to wait a week or two before starting back lifting for overs, a little longer for unders. With unders you can't wear a regular bra for 6 weeks, instead they will either have you wear a surgical bra or a tight sports bra (I used sports bras that zipper up the front). I think for cardio it will be based on how you're feeling, probably a couple of weeks and then when you start back just make sure your bra holds you really well.

Comment

Working...
                              X