DIET ADVICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIET ADVICE

Many of the ladies here post questions about how to tone up, and lose body fat. Let me start off by saying all "tone up" means is to, in fact, lose body fat. Also, when women think about taking AAS to tone up, they often get the misconception that AAS is the only way to tone and harden. This is not the case. Toning and a harder look CAN be obtained by a good sound diet. AAS is quite often, unnecessary.

To structure a diet, you must first do several things on your own. 1) Have your BF (bodyfat) checked by a professional by the caliper test, underwater testing, or there are some scales that can give you an estimate as well. 2) Calculate your lean body mass. This allows us to make a correct assessment on your caloric needs in order to obtain your goals.

A good rule of thumb to follow for leaning up is this:

Eliminate all dairy, pasta, most fruit, regular soda and breads from your diet. Dairy; even low fat, has carbs in it and those will be processed in your body as sugar.

Good carb sources are: sweet potatoes, brown rice, and oatmeal. Wheat pasta and white potatoes should only be eaten occasionally. These carb sources are processed in your body much slower than, say yogurt. They cause minimal insulin spike in your body and take longer to digest.

Good protein sources are: chicken, turkey, fish, pork tenderloin, boneless pork chops, eggs, egg whites, lean red meats such as: eye of round, filet mignon, sirloin tip, lean ground beef,and flank steak; but should only be eaten once or twice a week due to high caloric content.

Once we know your goals, bodyfat, weight and training we can come up with a diet to fit your needs. We will kow what your lean body mass is, and how many calories you need to intake,or not intake to lose or gain.:)

RedSquirrel: In Your Opinion, do you think I should eliminate 1/2 a cup of skim milk from my breakfast? I am trying to cut, but It is hard for me to tolerate oatmeal without milk.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarbaby
      RedSquirrel: In Your Opinion, do you think I should eliminate 1/2 a cup of skim milk from my breakfast? I am trying to cut, but It is hard for me to tolerate oatmeal without milk.
      Red convinced me to stop using skim milk in my coffee and that change alone has helped a lot. Give it a shot, it may be just the key you need to help reach your goal.

Comment

I drink 1% lowfat milk. Should I cut that out of my oatmeal? Whats the deal, why is milk, even skim, and 1% not good?

Comment

Originally posted by extremekrt
          I drink 1% lowfat milk. Should I cut that out of my oatmeal? Whats the deal, why is milk, even skim, and 1% not good?
          Because the carbs in dairy are ultimately processed in the body as simple sugars.

For people who are truly trying to diet hard core, they should cut dairy and bread

Comment

Many of the ladies here post questions about how to tone up, and lose body fat. Let me start off by saying all "tone up" means is to, in fact, lose body fat. Also, when women think about taking AAS to tone up, they often get the misconception that AAS is the only way to tone and harden. This is not the case. Toning and a harder look CAN be obtained by a good sound diet. AAS is quite often, unnecessary.

To structure a diet, you must first do several things on your own. 1) Have your BF (bodyfat) checked by a professional by the caliper test, underwater testing, or there are some scales that can give you an estimate as well. 2) Calculate your lean body mass. This allows us to make a correct assessment on your caloric needs in order to obtain your goals.

A good rule of thumb to follow for leaning up is this:

Eliminate all dairy, pasta, most fruit, regular soda and breads from your diet. Dairy; even low fat, has carbs in it and those will be processed in your body as sugar.

Good carb sources are: sweet potatoes, brown rice, and oatmeal. Wheat pasta and white potatoes should only be eaten occasionally. These carb sources are processed in your body much slower than, say yogurt. They cause minimal insulin spike in your body and take longer to digest.

Good protein sources are: chicken, turkey, fish, pork tenderloin, boneless pork chops, eggs, egg whites, lean red meats such as: eye of round, filet mignon, sirloin tip, lean ground beef,and flank steak; but should only be eaten once or twice a week due to high caloric content.

Once we know your goals, bodyfat, weight and training we can come up with a diet to fit your needs. We will kow what your lean body mass is, and how many calories you need to intake,or not intake to lose or gain..

great post red

Comment

ok, bf% is 26.2 NOOOOOO

Never have I had my bf% taken and I truly am surprised, although I have horrible eating habits, I workout like crazy. I don't know how accurate this test was but....questions I answered:
              sex - female
              weight - 118
              body frame - small
              height - 61in
              exercise frequency (1-5) 4
              exercise intensity (1-5) 3
              exercise time (1-4) 4
              bf% 26.2
              fat weight = 30.8lbs
              lean weight = 87.1lbs
              body mass index: 22.3

Help please!
              I am fixing to post what I eat, even though I'm trying to do better and how I work out.

Comment

I eat oatmeal with 2%fatfree milk
                banana's, apples, pears
                fruit cups with light syrup
                white rice. white bread, corn, potatoes, eggs, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (jiffy peanut butter), yogurt,
                smoothies (80 cal 0 fat)
                cereal (cheerios, lucky charms, rice crispies, frosted flakes)
                94%fat free popcorn
                tunafish in water
                fastfood all the time, meals in a box, ramon noodle soup, frozen foods, pizza
                I don't like vegetables and I don't think I can do brown rice and wheat pasta, maybe wheat bread if I had to.

Comment

A look into what I've eaten this week and my workout:
                  dec 4
                  breakfast / graham crackers and root beer
                  lunch / beans and white rice with water to drink ( a meal I like alot) the beans have per serving 2.5g fat; 1g sat fat; 20gcarbs; 6g protein
                  treadmill 25 mins walking at 3.5 mph
                  biceps and shoulders with 3lb weight 1 set 20 reps different exercises
                  lunges and inner thigh exercises
                  post workout / apple and peanut butter
                  supper / 6in sub and water
                  snack / popcorn and rootbeer ( I was trying hard to eat good this day)
                  DEC 5
                  Breakfast /Poptarts / chocolate milk
                  Workout /Stretching
                  50 secs w/ jumprope
                  10 pushups, 20 squats, 10 side to side squats each leg
                  Forms 13 total (martial arts)
                  Bardrills 50, 25, 20, 10 (kicks each leg)
                  Front kick drills
                  Sidekick drills
                  Musical form
                  Aerials. Bhs. Aubatidos, backtucks, spins
                  Stretch
                  Post workout snack /Gatorade
                  Lunch /Beans and rice / water
                  Snack / Snickers and soda
                  Supper / Chicken tenders and fries / bud light
                  Workout / Triceps: 20 kickbacks
                  20 overhead extensions
                  Chest: 20 incline bench press dumbbell
                  Back: 20 dumbell rows
                  Water
                  Yogurt

Dec 8
                  Smoothie
                  Drink / bag of white cheddar popcorn (very fattening :(
                  Chicken and dumplings, banana pudding, chocolate icecream / water
                  Pears in light syrup
                  Smoothie
                  Workout
                  Xma class, reg class
                  Wendys hamburger and fries with drink

Dec 9
                  Oatmeal
                  Snack crackers, drink
                  Porkchops, rice, veges, pineapple, water, chocolate icecream
                  Mini candy bar /water
                  Jerry j’s hamburger and fries, rootbeer

I know you guys are going to think this is awful, but I love to eat, but I try to do well sometimes.....anyway, usually I workout 6 days a week
                  monday 3 hours karate
                  tuesday 2 hours karate
                  wednesday 2 hours karate
                  thurs rest
                  friday one hour karate
                  sat and sun atleast one hour of karate and I am starting to work in dumbell workout and treadmill

Comment

oops I meant 1% lowfat milk

Comment

I have ordered a scale that measure bf% from www.tanita.com
                      it should be here in a few days. I know that I am not 26% body fat, not even close and the lady who charged me to measure it should give me my money back! lol

Comment

Originally posted by extremekrt
                        I have ordered a scale that measure bf% from www.tanita.com
                        it should be here in a few days. I know that I am not 26% body fat, not even close and the lady who charged me to measure it should give me my money back! lol
                        You've got to be kidding.

I'm not trying to be mean,but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if your BF is at least 26% with the garbage you currently eat.

Comment

I agree with redsquirrel!! You've got to be kidding that you eat all that crap and don't expect to have higher bf%. I would seriously reanalyze what you are eating in terms of what your goals are. Don't worry about what milk you're drinking until you get beer and fries and Wendys and fast food burgers and half of everything you eat cleaned up. Not trying to be harsh, but you only get out of anything what you put into it.

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel

For people who are truly trying to diet hard core, they should cut dairy and bread
                            Question about bread. I don't understand why whole grain breads without any added sugars or sweeteners are bad during dieting. Can anyone clear this up for me??

Comment

Originally posted by BBAddict
                              Question about bread. I don't understand why whole grain breads without any added sugars or sweeteners are bad during dieting. Can anyone clear this up for me??
                              Any kind of breads have gluten in them, which ultimately slows down digestion.

2 things can happen:

1. The gluten makes absorption of protein and other essential nutrients even harder. It can actually create somewhat of a "sludge' in the stomach

2. It still has processed flour in it, which is just not part of a BBIng diet. Sweet potatoes, brown rice, oats....things that are all natural and don't have any enriched or processed ingredients. There is still a higher chance of your blood sugar dipping because the nutrients in bread are processed.

Comment

Working...
                              X