The girls where I work..(my rant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The girls where I work..(my rant)

I work in a nice restaurant. We mainly serve steaks, and I work cocktail with a bunch of girls. We have to wear short skirts and black shirts..whatever kind we want. Anyways...

the girls always complain how fat they are (they are out of shape and have rolls) and then they go and eat baked garlic butter and cheese shrimp, or butter laden escargot, nachos and cream cheese parm. spin. dip when they are hungry at work. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Then they ask me about working out and tell me how they have joined "CURVES" to workout and that they make it there like three days a week.

These are the same girls who sit around after work, eat fat food and consume like 10 alcoholic drinks.

The point is, they wont straight up admit that they are heavier than me, but they will be like "you look better in that shirt than I would" things like that. They have just as much time as I do to workout and they say they dont want to workout because they dont want to get BIG.....OMG... There is no way in hell they will get all big and ripped because if they continue their curves workout there is no way and then on top of that add in supps and a strict diet then MAybe...Just MAYBE...they will get big--which I know will never happen, it just wont.

I just wish that they would stop being fat pigs at work, because they complain one minute, then eat deep friend chicken fingers and mayo sauce the next min.

UHHHH...does anyone relate to this kind of thing at work/home/school???

My job is the same way..only being fit is critical. And they bitch and moan.."I reaallly should get to the gym,...yaaaa i shoould start working out again, ect" After awhile you just quit listening..I have found that if I am brutally honest, i.e. "well to get in shape get off yer fat ass for starters.." then my advice isn't so readily sought:)..People want others to enable their behavior or justify it somehow..and we all know ain't nothing gonna replace hard work. Sooo if I were you and you get sick of listening..tell them what they really should be doing..or invite them to come work out with you if they are persistent..both of those are good deterrents for food blisters that just want to steal air talking about getting in shape..just one mans opinion;)

Comment

I have a guy at work who has occasional back trouble - lower back pain or pulling some muscle getting in and out of a chair or whatever. I keep telling him to walk a couple of miles a day and do some crunches and other ab exercises to strengthen his abs and his back. He has a treadmill at home and there is no reason he can't walk for 45 min. a day while watching tv or whatever. However he never does and every other month complains about his back problems.

Sometimes the solution is so easy, yet people don't want to take the smallest step towards better health.

Comment

Every day, everywhere I go.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
          Every day, everywhere I go.
          :agree:

Comment

The girls I work with are virtually useless when it comes to excercise. Their mentality is that drinking and partying is the key aspect of their lives (they are not dumb either, some are university grads). And I always feel left out when people tell their drunken stories, because I never drink unless Im sharing wine with my boyfriend. People dont understand that I RARELY DRINK!!. But thats just how it seems to be in the restaurant industry.

The guys I work always ask me stuff about working out and know that I am hardcore dedicated to this lifestyle. That makes me feel good, because the useless girls I work with (22-30) dont understand anything!!

Comment

Working...
            X