A lot of Ambiguity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of Ambiguity

Ok, my fiance is preping for a show at (not in) the 03 Olympia. WE both figure that this is a good place for her to make her first appearence into the fitness world. It is the show at the fan expo that has an open call. Right now she is training three times a day. Cardio in the morning, weights, then cardio again at night. She teacher aerobics, so sometimes she gets more than cardio twice daily. I can get her muscles to tune in. However, what I (we) need is a diet for a woman. With this kind of training, what should she eat? She is like 5'9 -5'10. Thank you very much for your time.

i don't know if there is such a thing as a "diet for a woman"... but if she does THAT much cardio - i would assume that perhaps she would need more calories.

what's her current diet look like now? how many cals, what's the break down prot/carbs/fat?

current stats - and is she trying to simply preseve the muscle she as now or still add to it? why is she doing THAT much cardio?

more details are needed...

Comment

I agree with sana. We can't help you without knowing her current stats and exact goals.

We need to know what her diet is like now so we can estimate from there. Wether she needs more fats or less or more carbs or less. And how many grams of protein is she taking in a day?

Also, if she is trying to gain muscle she needs to slow down on the cardio. Too much cardio and she will burn off muscle. Cardio should be done in moderation.

Please, give more info on her. Thanks!:)

Comment

My fiance is an idiot. I am 5'7''. I weigh around 125 and am 21 years old. I do cardio in the am for about an hour, unless I am teaching aerobics later that day. In that case I will do 30 minutes in the morning, and teach kickboxing in the afternoon. Mid day, after school, I lift weights. Right now, my schedule looks like this:
        Day 1: Back/Bi's; Day 2: Legs; Day 3: chest/tri's; Day 4: Legs; Day 5: Shoulders; Day 6: lagging body part; Day 7: rest. I do calves only twice a week b/c I have good genetics for that particular muscle.... and abs frequently. I eat a healthy diet, I would say. An example might be: meal 1: 4 egg whites w/ salsa, half cup uncooked oats. meal 2: 2 pieces of sugarfree bread and 3.5 oz canned tuna w/ mustard; meal 3: 1 cup (1/3 cup uncooked) barley w/ 4 oz chicken and 1/2 cup bellpeppers and mushrooms; meal 4: same as above; meal 5: fruit and cottage cheese or egg whites and veggies..... sometimes I'll have a meal 6 of just carbs b/c I am still hungry, although I should not be! I do drink plenty of water throughout the day, but I also drink a lot of diet sodas. I have an extensive background in ballet and jazz. I have added swimming to my routine for about a week now (replacing my morning cardio). Please offer any advice, especially concerning Fitness competitions. Thank you for your time and effort.

Comment

Thank you so much for your quick and elaborate response. It was amazingly nice of you. I will keep you updated!

Comment

Working...
          X