100!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100!

Has any of you gals tried this. A trainer at my gym has a lot of people doing 100 rep workouts. I don't remember the exact name for it, but you do 50% of you max to start out with. You try to reach 100 reps until you fail and then count where you left off till 100 then finish the set out. I've heard a lot of people doing really well with this, and I thought I might try it. Any experience and advice with this?

yeah it didn't seem like it would be good for bb, but the way he explained it, it sounded like it would work. It's not a full time schedule to follow. You do it for 8 weeks at a time, then back to the reg. schedule. But the high reps strengthens your tendons and ligaments so it helps your reg. workouts and you still build muscle with high reps.

Comment

I did it when I was in college... I didn't like it just bc I didn't feel like I was getting any where... I still usually do lower weights w/more reps but I don't go over 20

Comment

I am all for strengtheing tendons and ligs -- as mine are lagging but never heard that happening.

I will say I have heard of this technique for building muscle stamina and endurance. I am always amazed by it simply because I hate endless reps. I get bored.

But interesting tidbit on the ligament/tendon strengthening.

Comment

i think octo does these for legs pre-contest. i remember reading a thread back at FAB about it..... i don't think i could do it, i'd lose count :)

Comment

Sana -- I think you are right -- she does it for shaping I think.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
              Seems like something that would be cool for someone training for endurance or for leaning up, but not for BB. I do believe in high rep days though, yes, for secondary muscle groups and such. I'd say I do them about every third week for the particular body part. Like two weeks heavy, one week high rep.
              what are you considering high rep? 15/20?

Comment

Does anyone else HATE high reps like I do?

Hello...can we say BORING.

Comment

ME TOO -- and my man loves HIGH REPS!

Comment

I hate high rep..... I don't see a reason to do it

Comment

I do recall Octo doing high rep right before her comp. for leaning up a little. Yeah I think I'd get bored with this also. But it does make sense if your having problems with tendons and ligaments.

Comment

Working...
                      X