Embarassing Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embarassing Question

Ok - so I have an embarassing question for you girls...
    My rearend keeps breaking out - and I am not sure how to treat it. I am not sure if it is from the sweat when I do my cardio - or what?
    Has this ever happened to any of you girls and if so - what did you do for it?

Thanks everyone

C'mon -
    This has never happened to anyone else?

Comment

lol - sorry, i've never had that happen... how about trying new shorts or workout pants and seeing if the same thing happens?

have you changed your detergent, moisturizer, soap, or anything else lately? maybe you're having an unhappy reaction to something new in your skincare routine?

Comment

the only thing I can think of that is different - is that I switched dry-cleaners.
        Other than that - Nothing has changed

Comment

sorry i'm no help :dunno:

Comment

Are you sitting in sweaty clothes for a while after doing your cardio to drive home? If so, change clothes before you leave. Strydex also has little prepackaged wipes that you might want to try using when you're done with cardio.

Comment

Not to get to personal but what kind of underthings are you wearing to the gym? Reason I ask is I used to get acne under my bra strap from sweating. I switched to cotton bra and voila! Problem gone. Cotton will wick the moisture away better than some other materials.

I would also check into the switching dry cleaners thing. I have sensitive skin and a change in detergents will break me out every time. :(

Comment

Thanks girls -
                I usually have a thong on under my pants -
                This past weekend I went out and bought alcohol wipes to clean the area after my workout - and I also bought 100% cotton pants.
                I am going to switch my cleaners too just to be on the safe side.
                Thanks again for the advice!
                :)

Comment

Sweating can cause your pores to open just like a hot shower. A lot of times micro fibers from fabric softeners remain on your clothing and will get into these open pores and cause a breakout.

Comment

Neutrogena has an acne fighting bodywash you could try.

Comment

thanks girls -
                      I have since switched to working out in pants that are 100% cotton - and I have been showering at the gym immediately after my workout instead of waiting until I got home.....

It has been much better lately though - thanks everyone!!

Comment

Working...
                      X