Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headaches after working out!

Ladies,
    It's been a long time. To refresh you I am 24, 5'9 and weigh between 155-160. Last time I got my BF done I was at 18.56%.
    My question is this, after a really good hard workout complete with cardio I get bad headaches when I return home from the gym. I'm not sure what causes this as I am not "on" anything but usually a tab of acetominophen or two does it.
    Do you know any reason I am getting these headaches??? :dunno:

Have you had your blood pressure checked lately? Obviously exercise will elevate your bp and that could cause something. If you're tensing up neck/shoulder muscles too much during the workout and/or cardio too that could do it. What part of the head are the headaches?

Comment

Originally posted by BBAddict
      Have you had your blood pressure checked lately? Obviously exercise will elevate your bp and that could cause something. If you're tensing up neck/shoulder muscles too much during the workout and/or cardio too that could do it. What part of the head are the headaches?
      I have had two police physicals in the past year and my BP has never been off. I do notice that I tense my traps and neck during lifting (ie: shoulders) heavy weight and that the strain on my neck can get quite intense. I do sprints in 25 min. cardio sessions also. I dont know, when I go hard without rest during my w/o I notice the headache more afterwards. Frontal headaches or all over is where I feel them.

Comment

Tensing your traps and neck can definitely cause headaches. I know that a lot of people, myself at times, tense up during intense cardio. I know that I have had the tendency to tense up too much running hills or doing sprints and that can cause headaches.

Comment

http://www.physsportsmed.com/issues/...eb/mccrory.htm

Comment

Make sure you are drinking A LOT of H20...especially since you say this is an intense workout. If you get dehydrated during your workout you will definitely start getting headaches

Comment

Working...
            X