Considering paying for nutrition/training program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering paying for nutrition/training program

I am thinking about paying $500 for a 12 week program of Nutrition and Training by Kim Odo (the nutrionist/trainer that Monica Brant and many other female comp. use) because my body has been slow to put on lean muscle. I am thinking about competing in Figure this August, but at the rate I am going, I will never get on a stage. What are your thoughts? Is it ridiculous to pay this much when I can get good advise on this forum?

Stats:
    30 years old, 5'9" tall, 143 pounds, 18% BF.

DIET: (With a couple of cheat meals on the weekend)
    Meal 1: 3 egg whites w/ 1 piece wheat toast
    Meal 2: 1.5 scoop whey, strawberries, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2 fish oil caps
    Meal 3: Chicken breast, 1 cup lettuce (romaine/spinach), 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar dressing, 1/2 cup sweet potato
    Meal 4: 1 Apple and 1.5 scoop whey, strawberries, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2 fish oil caps
    PWO: 2 scoops whey, 1 tbsp. flax oil, strawberries and glutamine
    Meal 5: Chicken breast or (salmon 1/wk, pork chop), 1 cup lettuce (romaine/spinach), 2 tbsp. balsamic vingegar, 1 cup new potato or sweet potato or brown rice
    Meal 6: 2 scoop casein protein before bed
    1 Gallon of Water, multivitamin and 1200 mg calcium everyday

I was training 1 bodypart per night for some time now and just changed it up this week to see if it made a difference.

Lifting 3 sets of 8-12 reps HEAVY for 3 or 4 exercises
    Cardio 65-85% max HR

M- Chest,Biceps, Yoga/Pilates class
    T-Body Pump & Spin 45 minutes
    W- Back, Triceps, Abs
    R- Body Pump & Spin 45 minutes
    F- Legs/Shoulders
    S-Body Pump & Spin 45 minutes
    S-OFF

Having a trainer on that level may teach you some things. Does she let you talk to her and answer questions through out the program? If not, then I don't think it's worth it, but if you can talk to her and learn alot from it, then go for it.

IMO, these boards are great, but you sometimes have to weed through different opinions, some good, some horrible.

I am a trainer though and feel I do a good job. I have so much knowledge I want to share with clients and give them what they pay for. It's hard to tell if this is the thinking that elite trainers of the pros do or think though.

Comment

Looked over your diet. Now here again, I am no pro, but this is what I see. First, have 1 cheat meal per week. I see you have a few, which isn't good. Stick to one if you are serious.

Second, for dieting purposes, stay away from Salmon and go with white fish instead. It has less saturated fat.

Whey is a dairy biproduct. Because of this, it should be used sparingly. Use as a PWO protein source and only when needed. Never use it as a staple when dieting. It can actually make it difficult to get t olower BFs.

Lastly, try adding some other vegies, like green beans, asparagus and steamed brocolli too. THis adds fiber without too many carbs later at night.

Which brings me to...it looks like you are hitting the high starch carbs too late at night. Cut out those carbs and replace with vegies at meal 5.

Comment

Originally posted by shortz
        Having a trainer on that level may teach you some things. Does she let you talk to her and answer questions through out the program? If not, then I don't think it's worth it, but if you can talk to her and learn alot from it, then go for it.
        The trainer/nutritionist site is here:
        http://bodybyo.com

The program is given by email and weekly phone conversations. Every week you send your photos, measurements, weight, BF % and results of training and then discuss with Kim and he advises you on the next week. Any other questions can be answered via email or phone during the week.

The main reason that I have been thinking about is because the he has prepped so many women for contests. The success stories are so compelling. I feel because I am so tall for a woman and I am a "hardgainer" that maybe I need to work with a professional. Not to be mean, but the "trainers" at the gym I work out at don't really impress me.

Comment

SHortz thanks for the input.

Great points about the cheat meal and salmon.

What do you recommend for Meal 2 and Meal 4 instead of protein shakes?

I will add green beans or asparagus and drop the potatoes and rice at Meal 5.

Comment

romaine lettuce isnt a high starch carb i wouldnt worry about that romaine is actually quite low and is almost all dietary fiber anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by slipshady
              romaine lettuce isnt a high starch carb i wouldnt worry about that romaine is actually quite low and is almost all dietary fiber anyway.
              I agree that the romaine and spinach is good, I just suggested adding other vegies too. Sorry if it sounded like I meant to get rid of it. I meant the other starches, like the pototoes and rice.

Comment

go with Tracey Greenwood, she charges $300 for 12 weeks, and...have you seen her physique??

Comment

As for meals 2 and 4, early on you can eat some lean red meat. Once you are about 8-12 weeks out from the show, that's when you need to start cutting that stuff out and eat almost every meal will need to be chicken, turkey, or fish. I am not sure of the specific weeks in which you need to drop the red meat though. Perhaps someone with comp experience can help with that.

Comment

Working...
                  X