This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female necessary supplements

In my pursuit for a lean body with much more muscle, I was wondering about what supplements are necessary for females? I have been researching Beverly International and I understand they have top quality products. However, I am awaiting a supplement plan from them and I have heard that they will recommend about 30 different pills a day.

What do I really need to put on lean muscle and lose bodyfat?

I am currently supplementing Optimum Nutrition 100% whey for 2 daytime snacks and PWO. I take glutamine and flax seed oil in PWO shake. I also take a Centrum multivitamin and 1200 mg of Calcuim a day.

I am a bit confused on what females need vs. males for supplementation. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If nutrition is 85% of BB, how much is supplementation?

hey! IMO, you don't need any supplements other than the ones you are currently taking. there's no need to overload your body with supplements. 30 or more pills seems a bit excessive; most of them don't get broken down completely anyway. protein, glutamine, good fats and a good multivitamin should be sufficient...
    ~MINX

Comment

to use your numbers, nutrition is probably 85% food and 15% supps...you should really only supplement what you think you're deficient in, or need more of in an "easy" way. For example, if a pound of been has 2 grams of creatine or whatever, eating 3 lbs of beef a day for creatine isn't logical.

I'd suggest that there isn't a huge "supplement" difference between men and women, except for a couple things like women's need for iron...men just eat more and burn more calories. I feel that unless you are talking about hormonal supplementation (AAS) you won't see a huge gender-specific difference...unless you're post-menopausal and need more calcium or something

Comment

I have heard that the prenatal vits are the best that you can get as far as multi-vitamins go. Is there any truth to this?

Comment

Originally posted by TripleXx
          I have heard that the prenatal vits are the best that you can get as far as multi-vitamins go. Is there any truth to this?
          prenatal vivits are just "mega-multi's" with larger doses of nutrients to help support both the mother and the baby. however they do tend to make a lot of women nauseous due to the excess amounts. i personally recommend the training pak by Animal. animal paks are similar to prenatals with a slightly different nutrient breakdown. they have higher levels of antioxidants for athletes who train hard and need more help with muscle recovery. here:
          www.animalpak.com
          ~MINX

Comment

Originally posted by malibu barbie
            In my pursuit for a lean body with much more muscle, I was wondering about what supplements are necessary for females? I have been researching Beverly International and I understand they have top quality products. However, I am awaiting a supplement plan from them and I have heard that they will recommend about 30 different pills a day.

What do I really need to put on lean muscle and lose bodyfat?

I am currently supplementing Optimum Nutrition 100% whey for 2 daytime snacks and PWO. I take glutamine and flax seed oil in PWO shake. I also take a Centrum multivitamin and 1200 mg of Calcuim a day.

I am a bit confused on what females need vs. males for supplementation. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If nutrition is 85% of BB, how much is supplementation?
            Beverly Int'l, IMHO is the best. That is all I used while building and cutting for my show. Don't be scared away by the pills they recommend you to take. A lot of those doses are for people who are training to do a show. The Ultra 40's , Liver Amino's, and Lean Out would be all I recommend. I would say take 3 Amino, and 3 Liver w/ breakfast and your two shake meals. Folow the directions for the Lean Out.

They are sort of pricey, but you can get good deals on jsut about everything they sell at www.vitaglo.com

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel
              you can get good deals on jsut about everything they sell at www.vitaglo.com
              Thank you so much for telling me about this site. That is going to save me some money (about $80)!

Comment

Working...
              X