Post cycle rebound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post cycle rebound?

Hi. New to this board on some others. 37 year old competitive bodybuilder not a pro-yet : ) but hopefully one day I'll get that pro card-anyway last year was my first year doing inj aas. I experimented with Anavar, etc orals in the past. I competed last year in 3 NPC shows and won my class and the overalls in all three. This year I'll be competing again, but I must have had a bad experience after competinng because I blew up. Don't get me wrong, I ate like a pig who was locked in the candy factory for days-actually Peanut Butter factory but I was also using inj test first time and strength was through the roof, but had and suffered from bad edemia after competing. Last year I did anavar, parablolen, priimo, winstral, and did not use Nolvodex at all and this time around first time using injec test-once a week a shot and as I said strenght gains were awesome but just recenty stopped-going to start cycle of winstral/anavar/tren and nolvodex-10 mg ed for 4weeks and increase by 10mg every 4 weeks up until show. I was told this would help harden my legs. I dieted for over 20 weeks last year and my legs looked good but nothing freaky. I know I have to hit the cardio harder but my weight skyrocketed. I competed at 136 as a HW. I'm 5'4 -5"41/2 and my weight jumped to 160 in a month's time after my show. I'm currently 156.5 and will be competing June 10th. My diet is clean, doing cardio-cycling clen,etc but wanted to know more about this rebound and what I can do this year to prevent blowing up as I did. Any experienced women who can help enlighten this novice?

Thanks ladies

(I'm not a woman but...) are you asking about estrogen-rebound and how it relates to how you "blew up?"

and, are you also asking about nolvadex and hardening your legs?

just trying to make sure I understand you

Comment

Sorry, yes, all of the above anyone's experiences, etc.

Thanks

Comment

well I have no firsthand experience, but my fiancée used nolva during the last 4 weeks before a show, and she experienced a pretty severe bloat after...a buddy of mine used femara and also bloated quite a bit; they also both ate a lot and cut sodium before their shows

the idea behind nolva is to drop your estrogen, which will help you achieve lower bf...from what I saw in my fiancée, the results in terms of hardness are pretty dramatic...

to prevent the rebound I think you should watch what you eat right after the show. A few things are happening at once -- you're probably instantly changing the hormones you're putting in your body, and you're spiking your sodium intake. I haven't read much about how women come off nolvadex to avoid bloating, but as for the sodium, I'd suggest going easy on your post-contest binge

someone will chime in with more nolva experience soon

Comment

Thanks. You are right about that. I learned my lesson the very hard way. I mean I blew up-my ankles were so swollen I could not even see I had feet! It was bad-my dr even gave me Lasix and that did not help! what helped was my body balancing itself out and the aldactone helped. I could not inherit my mom's huge breasts. I had to buy those-instead I inherited her tendency to retain water like a blow fish!

Comment

yup, same exact thing with my fiancée, her ankles turned big and hard

Comment

Does your gf still compete? bodybuilding? figure? fitness? It really sucks becasue had I known this all would have happened the rebound, I would not have ate the way I did. It was only a couple of days but like you said that was all it took and then when I did the test on top of my hormones not balancing out that only added. I know I put on some muscle but I have 16 weeks from my first show and I would love to drop 25 pounds. I know at 2 pounds a week I could but at the rate it is coming off with me. I would be happy with 1 pound a week or 1.5 even better.

Comment

fitness...yes, she still competes...2.5 lbs a week sounds ambitious, but I think you should be able to drop at least 1.2 a week though. I'm sure if you stay on top of your diet and cardio you'll look sharp in the end

Comment

Thanks again for taking the time to respond-Yours was the only response I got thus far so thanks again ; )

Comment

Originally posted by itrain2
                    This year I'll be competing again, but I must have had a bad experience after competinng because I blew up. Don't get me wrong, I ate like a pig who was locked in the candy factory for days-actually Peanut Butter factory but I was also using inj test first time and strength was through the roof, but had and suffered from bad edemia after competing. Last year I did anavar, parablolen, priimo, winstral, and did not use Nolvodex at all and this time around first time using injec test-once a week a shot and as I said strenght gains were awesome but just recenty stopped-going to start cycle of winstral/anavar/tren and nolvodex-10 mg ed for 4weeks and increase by 10mg every 4 weeks up until show. I was told this would help harden my legs. I dieted for over 20 weeks last year and my legs looked good but nothing freaky. I know I have to hit the cardio harder but my weight skyrocketed. I competed at 136 as a HW. I'm 5'4 -5"41/2 and my weight jumped to 160 in a month's time after my show. I'm currently 156.5 and will be competing June 10th. My diet is clean, doing cardio-cycling clen,etc but wanted to know more about this rebound and what I can do this year to prevent blowing up as I did. Any experienced women who can help enlighten this novice?

Thanks ladies
                    I'm trying to weeed through last year vs this year, so if you could clarify just a little it may help...BUT

First of all, my concern w/ your first experience is w/ the test. How close to the show did you use it? Did you taper it, or just abruptly stop? As for the edema after the show,you should have only had it for about 1-2 weeks after the show. Which is why I asked about the test. Secondly, are you sure the test was legit?

Secondly, Winstrol can make women hold a fair amount of water, and that concerns me that you will be taking the load you are taking so close to the show. All AAS water or oil based should be tapered 3-4 weeks before the show for just the reason you are asking about: they make you hold water. And, when you're in a sport where every drop on your body counts, most women get off the oils to let them exit the system in time.

As for the Nolvadex, that is one thing you should include. Possibly even throw some Proviron in there. Those are great for women trying to harden up. Keep in mind though, most women hold their fat in their legs, so getting them to look like road maps is quite difficult. The judges aren't looking for that anymore anyway. You will have some rebound w/ these, but it should only last about 4 weeks, and you just have to hit the cardio to keep the rebound as little as possible.

In all honestly, rebound is part the person, and partly how long you dieted. It sounds like you may have overdieted yourself which would explain the rebound, and explain your dislike of how your legs looked. So, if you lock yourself in Russell Stover for a month, you're going to have a terrible rebound. I think a lot of the rebound can be contained by having a little self control. As for the edema, that too depends on how you cycled your test, and how you manipulated carbs/salt and water the last week of the show.

Comment

Wow! thanks for the great response. I don't know where to begin. I'm going to send you a private email with some pictures from last year and more info.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X