I feel so fat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel so fat

WEll, as you know i'm about 3.5 months pregnant right now....and I've been on bed rest for the past week. On top of that, restricted activity for the past month (no gym :( )

I feel disgusting!! I've gained about 7 lbs (I guarantee about 6 of it is in my DD's!). Yet my clothes are getting tighter and tighter. My ass feels like it's the size of Montana, my abdomen feels like it's the size of a Butterball turkey, and I swear I see a new dimple every day.

The worse part about it: all of the health food I'd always eat for the past 4 years now almost makes me puke! I've gotten on a cereal kick, a BLT kick, all kinds of unhealthy stuff. I''m not eating large quantities, and haven't gained any weight. But the worst part about this is the TOTAL CHANGE in body composition....IT SUCKS BALLS!!!! I've gained no weight yet my clothes are tighter!?!?! WTF!!???? And, I know no matter how cleanly I eat, it won't have much to do with how I look because of our great friends the hormones. But, I'm cleaning up the diet as of right now.

Anyway, hopefully when I got to the doctor next week, she'll let me get back in the gym...just had to vent. :)

I think it will all change as soon as you baby lets you know it's there on a consistant basis :)

Comment

RS, this will all pass in a few more months. Enjoy being pregnant while you can. From what I understand from my fiance is that this is a wonderful time to enjoy right now...with the baby inside. You will probably miss that when he/she is born. My fiance gained some weight but lost it shortly after the birth of our son, and she didn't go to the gym. Knowing you...you will come back even better than before. Enjoy the changes in your body while you are pregnant, because not every woman can experience that and the birth of any child is a gift from God, IMO.

One more thing....I bet you are wondering why you even had the boob job now,eh. Just get pregnant and boobs come with it.

Best of luck to you and Sonis...you two will make great parents!

Comment

I agree with FitnessBrat. It is a wonderful time and I it is worth it, even when you don't feel good about your body for a few months. Your body will get back to normal really fast, so don't worry and enjoy your pregnancy!!

Comment

If you think you feel fat now, just wait, a few more months and you won't be able to see your toes and you're gonna be walking like a weeble. :nerdnew:

Have you gotten clumsy yet? I remember droping something every night when I was making dinner. We were living with hubby's family at the time so I got teased really bad about it too. LOL

Do yourself a favor and get some maternity clothes. They will be more comfortable and honestly, this is a time to be more concerned with comfort than style. You will feel better when you're in comfy clothes and wearing maternity clothes will put your mind into the right zone...after all, you ARE PREGNANT! Once you start showing you're gonna grow pretty fast, be ready with the right clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel
            WEll, as you know i'm about 3.5 months pregnant right now....and I've been on bed rest for the past week. On top of that, restricted activity for the past month (no gym :( )

Why did they have to put you on bed rest? I know it can be very frustrating and frightening, depending on the reasons. Wishing you the best, Red.

Comment

Hey RS congratulations first off. That's wonderful that you are pregnant... I'm sure youre not looking as bad as you think you look, were always our worst critics. And being pregnant is such a short period of time, at the time it feels slow, but look at me, now I have a 5-1/2 and a 2 year old! Keep us posted and make sure to post belly pics... those are always so neat to look at! Congrats again.

Comment

You're preggo. You're supposed to be a little bit fat. Don't starve the baby. You should worry about how you look after the pregnancy. Take this time to relax, and you'll be jonesing to be back in the gym afterwards.

Comment

Thanks everyone; it makes me feel a bit better....

It's just the total body composition that is so weird! Like, my belly is round, and I can't pinch much fat, but it's there!! LOL

I finally did break down and buy some maternity clothes. And yes, Sm I'm in the transition stage, and I think that's the worst. I'm swimming in maternity clothes, yet my old clothes are too uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by bad14u
                    One more thing....I bet you are wondering why you even had the boob job now,eh. Just get pregnant and boobs come with it.

Best of luck to you and Sonis...you two will make great parents!
                    Boy, you hit the nail on the head- I w3ent up 2 cup sizes from my boob job. I was a 36C, now I am a FULL DD!!!! I was like "there goes $5k down the drain!" LOL. But of course, they will go back to their original size after the baby is born....I hope! LOL I don't plan to breast feed, so hopefully that can help them go back to their original selves. Buit it's so awful...none of my button down blouses fit AT ALL. I have to wear a tank under each one of them....which only brings more attention to them!!

I think they'll be getting their own zip code soon. :laughnew:

Comment

Originally posted by Puddles
                      Why did they have to put you on bed rest? I know it can be very frustrating and frightening, depending on the reasons. Wishing you the best, Red.

My doc put me on bed rest because I'm still spotting yesterday. I saw her yesterday, and it has lightened since the bed rest, just not ceased completely. She said it's still most likely from the blood clot I went to the Er for a couple of weeks ago. :hmmm:

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel
                        Boy, you hit the nail on the head- I w3ent up 2 cup sizes from my boob job. I was a 36C, now I am a FULL DD!!!! I was like "there goes $5k down the drain!" LOL. But of course, they will go back to their original size after the baby is born....I hope! LOL I don't plan to breast feed, so hopefully that can help them go back to their original selves. Buit it's so awful...none of my button down blouses fit AT ALL. I have to wear a tank under each one of them....which only brings more attention to them!!

I think they'll be getting their own zip code soon. :laughnew:
                        :laughnew: Give me the address so I can send fan mail. lol Actually, your breast may drop some from the stretching of the skin, maybe not. From what I recall from the pic you posted after the augmentation, I think they were still sitting up high, beautiful, but you could tell they were fake. If the skin stretches enough they may drop a little and look more natural.

Comment

Breast feed the Baby if you can. It helps in the healing process. Don't even argue. I can definely tell difference in woman who breast fead there kids and woman who didn't. Don't mess with mother nature. You can sacrifice your healing and babies health over vanity I don't care. I'm not going to back this up with quotes and articles cause for everyone saying yes there is one saying it doesn't matter.
                          It does matter. I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiev
                            Breast feed the Baby if you can. It helps in the healing process. Don't even argue. I can definely tell difference in woman who breast fead there kids and woman who didn't. Don't mess with mother nature. You can sacrifice your healing and babies health over vanity I don't care. I'm not going to back this up with quotes and articles cause for everyone saying yes there is one saying it doesn't matter.
                            It does matter. I know.
                            I'm going to have to agree somewhat. Here's a pic of my son and my niece. My son (7 weeks older) was breast feed and she was not. I know there are some genetics in it also, but the doctor had my brother change up his daughters diet because she wasn't gaining enough weight.
                            Last edited by Shibby; 05-26-08, 05:40 PM.

Comment

I breast fed my babies... some times you can't breast feed if you had a boob job... you'll have to see. I would recommend it, even if it's only for like 6-7 weeks... it's better than bottle feeding.

Comment

Working...
                              X