• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30% bodyfat!

OMG... I seriously want to give up.

30% -

I'm currently 134 lbs. and 5'2"

I've got my first session with my trainer this upcoming monday. I'm going to clean up my eating habits which is actually forcing myself to eat MORE... I've never been higher than 19%... I was shocked to see them figure out 30% and they even had a 2nd trainer come in and she got the same reads as the first.

It's so sad... I don't know what else to say.

Oh, what a bummer. Don't let the BF% get you down, turn those emotions around and there is your motivation and drive (which so many people lack). Stick with you diet and training, you can do it.

Comment

thanks for your support... Im so upset about this right now... it's like someone knocked me down! UGh

Comment

How did they measure you? The last picture I saw of you I would say that you wre no more than 20% TOPS. I am afraid that they may have you all freaked out for nothing...

Comment

Honestly, DG-

If you had your BF done by who ever trains you at your gym, I will guarantee those calculations are completely inflated.

I had mine done right before I got pregnant by my trainer at Gold's ( I hired him for plyometric training) and he said I was at 28%. I knew it was BS, so I had sonis do my BF when I got home...Sure enough: 20%. Not good, but a lot of times the machines and such those trainers use are geared for the company. Basically to make you think you're fatter than you are so you keep coming back and paying them

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
            How did they measure you? The last picture I saw of you I would say that you wre no more than 20% TOPS. I am afraid that they may have you all freaked out for nothing...
            I was surprised because my arms definately have definition and you can see my abs... not as good as before, but the top 2 you can see. I was thinking that too-

They told me I was a "skinny-fat person" I was like "how can I be??? I work out everyday?" then they were telling me that I was doing everything wrong. UGH... I don't know

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel
              Honestly, DG-

If you had your BF done by who ever trains you at your gym, I will guarantee those calculations are completely inflated.

I had mine done right before I got pregnant by my trainer at Gold's ( I hired him for plyometric training) and he said I was at 28%. I knew it was BS, so I had sonis do my BF when I got home...Sure enough: 20%. Not good, but a lot of times the machines and such those trainers use are geared for the company. Basically to make you think you're fatter than you are so you keep coming back and paying them
              The other thing is that I still wonder if they can get a normal reading on me anyway because I really believe that loose skin such as on my abdomen because of babies taints the bf test.. they did pinches all over... I have loose skin more so than 5 years ago because everytime I got pregnant i gained 39 lbs... it has to effect my number and make it look worse I would believe.

Comment

dg - if you are working out every day there is NO WAY you are 30%. i too have seen some pics of you. i agree with red that they are definitely using this as a $$ tool. and don't believe for a second that you "are doing it all wrong". there is always room for improvement but im sure you have some idea what you are doing. my brother worked at a chain of gyms where they did use that to get the client to return....he even told me that they inflate the numbers - its just policy so the member will continue to spend $$$$$.

Comment

The ab pinch is only one pinch, so it's not going to inflate your number by some astronomical amount. So, their reading IMHO, is simply inflated for reasons I stated earlier.

As for their comments about a "skinny fat person", that is possible...just not to the degree they told you. The problem they may have seen is that you don't eat enough,which makes your BF higher with less muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel
                    The problem they may have seen is that you don't eat enough,which makes your BF higher with less muscle.

I have been eating more and better since last week... I seriously am going to try and eat more and not stop.

I'm also meeting with a trainer today, but I am going to see what they say... I really wanted to talk to them about their ideas for different cardio workouts... that honestly might really help me. I also bought some of the tae-bo dvd's... I used to do those classes at the gym I went to and they were so popular, but now they dont even offer them, they must not have someone to teach them... everything is step.

Comment

How has your progress been?

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                        How has your progress been?
                        Hello, I'm eating better still than I was and making a conscious effort to drink water throughout the day. My bf has gone down a little... they say it's 25% now. This past Monday, I had such a hard workout, I was so sore on Tuesday, I've not felt like that in years! I am actually really enjoying working out with my trainer. I'll try and get some pics soon if I get to taking them! Thanks for asking.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamgirl
                          Hello, I'm eating better still than I was and making a conscious effort to drink water throughout the day. My bf has gone down a little... they say it's 25% now. This past Monday, I had such a hard workout, I was so sore on Tuesday, I've not felt like that in years! I am actually really enjoying working out with my trainer. I'll try and get some pics soon if I get to taking them! Thanks for asking.
                          good to see that your back into it again. :)

Comment

good job on the progress...I'm pretty sure their numbers were off...more importantly, you need to take bf with a grain of salt, just like weight. Once you feel firmer, leaner and harder all over, you know you're making great progress, even if your bf isn't in the teens

Comment

Thanks... well, I do notice that my stomach is flatter and thinner around in general. My legs are thinner, I am actually able to fit into some of my old pants now. My arms are looking l little bit more muscular than just big... I'm getting some defininition back.

I can't believe i can fit into some of my old pants... I think mentally I had given up ever doing that again...

Comment

Working...
                              X