I am TOO skinny Thinking of Clem cycle I don't know what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am TOO skinny Thinking of Clem cycle I don't know what to do

Hi, I am 5'7" and struggle to keep weight on. I may weigh 110-115 at the most (bloated) If I work out I get down to 100. I am trying to get ready for a pageant that is in the begining of June. What are my options? Thanks for all of the help.
    My diet is terrible, fast food and junk. So my weight is not from lack of calories. I know that I will have to alter my diet, but like I said before if I lay of the junk and try to eat healthy down goes the weight and I look anorexic.

it sounds like when you decide to eat healthy, you end up losing the bodyfat that you carry and lose weight. Try adding some resistance training (weight lifting) to put on some muscle, so that when you lean out, you don't look emaciated.

You should browse the nutrition section to look at a few people's diets and see where you should start. At this point, you should be only focused on improving your diet, that comes before all supplements and aids.

I'm assuming you don't cook much food, so you might want to start getting into the habit of cooking your own food -- nothing fancy or tricky, really, just "preparing" it -- so that you know what you're putting into your body, and can eat exactly what you want and don't want.

When you go shopping, try to buy (I'll see if I can list it all here): oatmeal and/or cream of wheat, eggs, whole wheat bread, cottage cheese, brown rice, chicken and/or turkey, lean beef, LOTS of vegetables, tuna, beans, sweet potatoes, apples, natural peanut butter, nonfat milk...from those alone you'll be able to construct a solid diet, and with some weightlifting and small amounts of cardio, you will do wonders to your physique

just keep reading, and keep us posted

Comment

I have worked out and eaten well. I used to date a former Mr. Louisiana so I really know how to do the resistance training and such. I worked out with a trainer to put on muscle and ate a very healthy diet for over a year. I looked horrible, anorexic. So, I guess I really need some advice on when I am doing the training and eating correctly what I should take. Thanks

Comment

lots of protein I guess...what did your diet look like?

Comment

What does your diet look like? Post what you eat daily and I will help you set it up.

Comment

Originally posted by skinnyminnie
            Hi, I am 5'7" and struggle to keep weight on. I may weigh 110-115 at the most (bloated) If I work out I get down to 100. I am trying to get ready for a pageant that is in the begining of June. What are my options? Thanks for all of the help.
            My diet is terrible, fast food and junk. So my weight is not from lack of calories. I know that I will have to alter my diet, but like I said before if I lay of the junk and try to eat healthy down goes the weight and I look anorexic.

PLEASE post your diet....ie:, how many times a day you eat, and what you eat.

What I don't get, is what are you trying to accomplish??? Are you trying to put on some healthy muscle BEFORE the pageant? Because the drug you are asking about will not help you put on muscle.

The main reason why you probably loose weight when you work out is it increases your metabolism and you don't eat enough. It sounds like you have a fast metabolism as it is, and you're starving yourself when you work out. Your low weight STILL could be from a lack of calories if you only eat 1 or 2 full meals a day.

Comment

Hi, sorry it took so long to write. When I am working out this is what I eat

4-5 eggs (I eat the whole egg) & 1 pack of oatmeal
              Some kind of protein bar
              Grilled chicken with spices
              Salad (with dressing not lofat)
              Grilled steak, chicken or salmon
              And the not so healthy part of every night milk and 3 oreos

If I am hungry I normally snack on nuts
              I also sometimes get a pep upper shake from smoothie king

Comment

Sorry I didn't answer the previous post. I am trying to put on healthy muscle. I have even drank protien shakes with my lunch meal about twice a week

Comment

Hi, sorry it took so long to write. When I am working out this is what I eat

4-5 eggs (I eat the whole egg) & 1 pack of oatmeal
                  Some kind of protein bar
                  Grilled chicken with spices
                  Salad (with dressing not lofat)
                  Grilled steak, chicken or salmon
                  And the not so healthy part of every night milk and 3 oreos

If I am hungry I normally snack on nuts
                  I also sometimes get a pep upper shake from smoothie king

Well, I'm a bit confused- you said in your original post you eat a lot of junk food, but with that diet, the only thing appears to be 3 cookies???

Ok, well you have the basics down as far as eating several meals a day. So many of the women come on here and are only eating 2 or 3 times a day. But, in the same token, you just aren't eating enough quality foods. And, what you are eating isn't enough at one sitting or meal.

The main problem I see is your body has no energy source. Meaning, right now you're eating about 40gms of complex carbs, and very little healthy fats (olive & Flax oil, Omegas) That simply is not enough carbs for anyone unless they are dieting for a BBing comp. Even then it's low. What that means to you is your body has no building blocks for building, or maintaining any muscle....which is one of the reasons you can't hold your weight. The second obstacle you mentioned is losing weight when you work out. Well, if you eat as above AND work out, your body is starved even more and that's why you lose weight.....If only the rest of us had that problem! LOL

That being said, since you are wanting to put on lean muscle and it seems like you have a very fast metabolism, here is the changes I would make:

Meal 1- Make sure at least 2 of those 4-5 eggs are whole eggs. I would also add a 2oz lean ground beef patty to this meal.

Meal 2- Have you tried any protein shakes? If not, Myoplex would be my recommendation. They taste really good and have a great combination of nutrients....especially for someone not wanting to put on a ton of muscle. Have a Myoplex shake here instead of the bar. You can get creative and add a 1tsp of Nat. PB here if you want as well.

Meal 3- You really need to add some complex carbs here AND green veggies. At least 1/2 cup of brown rice or 6oz sweet potato, and 1c of green veggie.

Meal 4- Have 4oz of turkey or 1/2 can of tuna here....try to stick w/ a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

Meal 5- Make it the same as your meal 3.

Meal 6- 6 egg white omelet, or same as your shake meal.

First off- add meal 6 about 2-3 weeks from now. Secondly- for the next couple of weeks it will take some time for your body to get used to the additional nutrients, so just be patient. You may feel a little bloated and full all the time, but it's an adjustment period for your body, so hang in there. After your body adapts, and starts buring the healthy calories on a regular basis, then add in your 6th meal.

The main goal here is to train your body into not thinking it's getting starved. I promise you you will see results if you can stick to this. Although, I would still like to know what sort of workout you are doing. If it's mostly cardio, we will need to change that up as well

One more thing- I would probably stay away from the Smoothie King except for maybe once a week. Unless you specify, the ingredients they use are full of sugar. AND, the "Pep Upper" is not what you need. It's got a fat burner in it that speeds your metabolism, and you seem to have that licked!
                  Last edited by redsquirrel; 03-07-06, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the ehlp. I am about to start working out so I will list my routine. I definatly don't do much cardio at all. Like five minutes in the bike. Then I to my weights.

Comment

So, then what do you do for weights?

And, I also wanted to know what exactly you think is junk food??

Comment

What I was trying to explain earlier is that I finally just started eating a lot of crap to put some weight back on b/c while I work out with weights and eat like you are supposed to I look sick. This is my routine at the gym
                        Mon- Back & Shoulders

Wed- Abs & Calves

Fri - Chest & Legs

Sat- Arms

I go to the gym 4-5 days a week and I put days up there, but sometimes I go two days in a row so really I just do those parts of my body on different days. I would like to upload a picture so you can see my body structure. Does anyone know how to do that? Thanks

Comment

What I was trying to explain earlier is that I finally just started eating a lot of crap to put some weight back on b/c while I work out with weights and eat like you are supposed to I look sick. This is my routine at the gym
                          Mon- Back & Shoulders

Wed- Abs & Calves

Fri - Chest & Legs

Sat- Arms

I go to the gym 4-5 days a week and I put days up there, but sometimes I go two days in a row so really I just do those parts of my body on different days. I would like to upload a picture so you can see my body structure. Does anyone know how to do that? Thanks

What about reps and how many sets??

What I would suggest for you right off is taking Chest from Friday to Wednesday. You're basically doing two major muscle groups on the same day, which can lead to 2 things. 1) you're body is too exhausted by the time you get to legs to give you enough energy to push yourself. 2) Your nervous system can't take that all at once.

Please post your reps/weight/sets/type of exercises, and then I can design a plan much more suited for you and your needs.

As for posting a pic, when you hit "post a reply" and type a message, right underneath your message there will be "additional options". Right at the top you will see "manage attachments". Click on that and upload your pic. You may have to resize if it's too large.:)

Comment

Working...
                          X