TRICEP HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRICEP HELP

I'm out of the gym for a little while so I don't have access to any machines. At home I have free weights and a plain bench press. I was using the machines at the gym for triceps along with the odd set of dips. Does anyone have a favourite free weights tricep exercise that isnt to hard on the elbows that they swear by?

You could try close grips or skull krusher or overhead tricep press...

Comment

Sweet..Thanks RS. I never really thought of doing scull crushers with a heavy weight. I used to do them in the gym body pump class which you use a fairly light weight with. I just maybe underestimated myself that i would be able to use a heavy weight in that exercise with what i am doing now. I'll surely give it a go.

Comment

rope (or db) kickbacks, and decline skull crushers...overhead 1-arm db extensions

Comment

So u can do overhead dumbell extensions one handed with a decent weight?? I just pictured I would attempt a half decent weight with one hand and then knock myself in the head. Maybe ive just relied to much on doing the triceps two handed.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxkazxxx
            So u can do overhead dumbell extensions one handed with a decent weight?? I just pictured I would attempt a half decent weight with one hand and then knock myself in the head. Maybe ive just relied to much on doing the triceps two handed.
            http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...ArmTriExt.html

Comment

Great, thanks for that (sarcasticly). haha. I'm 20 minutes away from my tricep workout & now you have given me visuals of what I have to do. I'm going to grit the teeth & picture this thread. It's weird how a simple message board full of black writing can motivate.

Comment

French Presses!

Comment

Originally posted by bad14u
                  French Presses!
                  Are they the same as scull crushers? I'm an Aussie, we might call thing's different to you guy's.

Comment

Are they the same as scull crushers? I'm an Aussie, we might call thing's different to you guy's.
                    No....
                    http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/exerc...nchpresses.htm

Comment

Originally posted by bad14u
                      Gotchya ;) Overhead Tricep press. I think this no gym for a few months will do me good. Lots of free weights. Could only do me good right?

Comment

Gotchya ;) Overhead Tricep press. I think this no gym for a few months will do me good. Lots of free weights. Could only do me good right?
                        As long as you use proper form with the free weights. Machines at the gym usually keep you in proper form and put the resistance on the correct muscle. With free weights you can lose form and wind up not impacting the proper muscles or hurting yourself. Make sure and start of with a comfortable weight, that you can actually feel working the correct muscle and gradually work up to heavier weights.

Comment

close grip pushups... i find i can stress the shit out of my triceps with these when i'm travelling.

Comment

Originally posted by hlcn8
                            close grip pushups... i find i can stress the shit out of my triceps with these when i'm travelling.
                            oh gosh. They KILL like hell. Which is exactly why I should be doing them all the time.

Comment

Maybe try some kickbacks with some dbs

Comment

Working...
                              X