Legs Aching for Days after Leg Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legs Aching for Days after Leg Day

I've just started lifting on my legs again and each time I do leg day... I can hardly walk for like 2 days. Is this normal? Am I doing too much? The rest of my muscle groups don't hurt like this for so long, that's why I am asking. Could this be because I stopped lifting on them for about 2 years?

How many times have you started hitting them total recently? It's one of the largest muscle groups you have, so it takes longer to recovery and build the conditioning of them up.

Comment

When I started back to the gym 4 weeks ago, I BANGED my legs, and yes- they did hurt for 2+ days. They have pretty much hurt each week I've done legs

Comment

mine still hurt for 2+ days sometimes, especially my inner thighs and hams after deads and stuff...

Comment

Its happens to me takes a day then hurt for a couple

Comment

thanks for responding everyone.

I do legs once a week and so far I've done them 4 times in the last month and I'm just so much more sore than everything else. They also shake like crazy by the end of my workout.

Comment

Does your trainer have you doing something totally different than before?

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel
                Does your trainer have you doing something totally different than before?
                I completely stopped lifting on my legs about 2 years ago... so now that I've started back up, they hurt for soooo long...

we do squats and leg press and tons - tons of lunges while I hold 40 lbs.

I think that she works my legs heavy like I do for the rest of me, but my legs are so under developed now that they hurt extremely bad days after... they just aren't used to it at all.

I know when I used to lift on legs I was always sore for a while too, but this time it's a lot worse.

Comment

I worked my legs ONE TIME in the gym since I started working out.They ached soo bad afterward that I couldnt go to sleep at night.....since then I've kinda strayed away from the leg days.I can tolerate soreness on any other body part,heck I even like being sore.But when it comes to legs i cant stand it!!

Comment

I always hated doing legs due to the pain you go through for days afterwards. It kinda hinders life at times. Always limping up and down stairs like you have blocks of wood tied behind your knees. It hurts, but its a satisfying hurt. I always do a check on how far i can bend forward the next 2 days after doing legs. Before leg workout i can bend at the hips and place my hands flat to the floor. After legs, i'm lucky to touch my shins without crying! But there is nothing more annoying than my boyfriend, who has never set foot in a gym, has no understanding whatsoever for muscle pain, and he sqeezes my quads with his fingers for fun. I could beat the crap out of him on my reflex. Helloo??? It HURTS!!!!!

Comment

Leg day is my favorite day of the week...

Leg days separate the men from the boys....

Comment

Just drink more water and eat more protein you will be fine. may be get some glutamine AKG befor bed and post work out

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
                          Leg days separate the men from the boys....
                          So where does that put dreamgirl? You do realize you posted this in the women's section right? lol. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                            So where does that put dreamgirl? You do realize you posted this in the women's section right? lol. ;)
                            Yes sir - it was the saying that counted - "separating the men from the boys" doesn't HAVE to leave women out of the equation :D...

Comment

Originally posted by meat12
                              Its happens to me takes a day then hurt for a couple

Me too...

Hey DG -- what's your leg workout look like? Can you post what you're doing?

Comment

Working...
                              X