HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i need some help, i'm an up and coming personal trainer and im having a quandry of what to do with one of my clients. she does beauty pageants, and has one she needs to get ready for. the thing is she has never dieted before. does anyone know of a diet plan that is some what easy to follow, and somewhat healthy. being an amatuer bodybuilder, i would put her on my diet but female bodies are different, also it isn't easy to stick to. do y'all have any suggestions? any help would be appreciated,
    thanks
    Blake tha Snake

What most pageant winners go with (from my understanding and outside of anorexia :)) is a very low carb, high good fat diet.

Comment

i do that and the last four weeks up to a contest i cycle my carbs 1 high day to 3 low days, does that sound right, also thanks for your input i really appreciate it

Comment

To be hones, this is just things I have read about and heard about, but I have no personal expierence with getting myself or somone else ready for any type of show.

Comment

If you've remembered anything about how your body changes during a contest diet you should know how to work with her. I just did my first show along with two other figure contestants and they followed almost the same diet I did. They had much smaller proportions but the overall foods were basically the same and they were carb depleted, water depleted and then carb loaded the same way I was. They just had less protein the day of the show. All in all, I would say manipulate her carb intake as you go and watch how she reacts. Most of the time women get better results than men when it comes to conditioning (and MOST are more dedicated to the diet).

Just be careful giving out too much diet advice to clients unless your insurance covers things like that. There are almost NO insurance companies that I know of that will cover issues from diet advice if you are not a certified nutritionist (and there are some VERY shrewd people out there that you may trust with your life until the tables are turned against you).

Comment

thanks for the advice, also thanks for the tip about the insurance deal

Comment

For a female who is starting on a so-called contest diet for the first time, the easiest one for any novice really to folow, IMHO- is the Body for Life diet. It's fairly low carb and very easy to follow. I'm sure you already know this, but it lists out in black and white exactly the foods you are supposed to eat.

I would say start her on that for 4-6 weeks so her body can get acclimated to the new diet. Then i would say follow with a carb manipulation or no carb diet, depending on how her body is reacting.

Comment

I forgot about that diet plan, thanks for tha reminder. Btw i posted up some new pics in the competitive bb forum, check em out

Comment

Working...
                X