Have you gals tried...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you gals tried...

This new Treadclimber by Nautilus? Bowflex makes one too, but I LOVE IT!!! My gym just got a couple of them, and I am sold. It feels like such a superior cardio workout to just walking.

It's supposed to be a cross between a stairmaster & a treadmill, and supposed to burn like 3 x more cals... Don't know about the validity of that, but I still sweat my ass off more on that than any other machine!

Ive never seen one. But I just looked it up on a website. It looks like it would take some co-ordination? So while you step, each step has a treadmill mat that moves? I think it would be funny to sit and watch people use it for the first time *LOL*

Comment

Yep! I was on one of them the other day, and it felt kinda funny first, and the weird part was it felt like my left foot was stepping harder than my right, left side was sinking more than the right side. Like I said weird.
      And as far as the burning more calories goes as long as you are in your target fat burning heart rate zone(usually between 65 and 85% of your max heart rate) you will burn fat no matter which cardio machine you are on.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxkazxxx
        Ive never seen one. But I just looked it up on a website. It looks like it would take some co-ordination? So while you step, each step has a treadmill mat that moves? I think it would be funny to sit and watch people use it for the first time *LOL*

It DOES take some coordination! In fact, I was doing it today, and the girl next to me almost totally bit it! I tried so hard not to LMAO...But, yes- each tread moves on it's own...So, I always have to hold onto the hand rail.

WB- it supposedly takes more effort than a treadmill. Hence, the higher cal burn. It's supposed to feel like you're hiking in sand. And, yes the whole left is harder than the right is true. That happened when I first started using it. So, it acutally teaches you a bit more coordination in that it makes you walk with equal pressure as well.:)

Comment

Don't get me wrong please I am not saying anything bad about it, heck anything that breaks the boring cardio rutine is worth trying.

Comment

Oh- no offense taken! Just trying to help!

Comment

I've seen those, but the 2 gyms I work out at doesn't have them... :( If they get one, I'll make sure to try it!

Comment

Working...
              X