Clomid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clomid

Well, after several months of trying to conceive after the miscarriage, I think I'm going to have to go back on the Clomid. Sonis is talking about starting adoption process next spring...which I'm not too happy about..I'm not even 30 yet. but he'll be 36 next April, and he thinks if we wait any longer he'll be an "old dad". Now, I don't agree- so I'd like to try and conceive w/ help from the Clomid

I took it last summer, and then got off while we were building the house...and that's when I got pregnant. So, in about the next month and a half I'm starting up again.

Now, here's my question...Last year when I took it, I noticed fat gains. I was dieting my ass off & exercising (like I have been..) and still gained fat. Needless to say, my body has been through complete hell over the past year. So, I was wondering- is there anything I can take to try and combat the fat gain? Clomid in a female's body tricks the body by thinking it hasn't ovulated, so it overproduces estrogen to get a female to ovulate. I know estrogen is a females enemy when it comes to fat loss. I know I can't take any anti-e's because that would for sure cancel out the whole purpose of taking it. I only take it 5 days out of the month, but it still reaps havoc on my body. So, any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

I know its hard for you but my advice would be try to relax and stress less over your weight. It seems to me like a stressed, dieted body is going to have that much harder of a time getting pregnant.

Comment

I know, that's what my mom keeps telling me...But, when my clothes are not fitting, that makes any female stress! LOL

Comment

RS i agree with Rockiller. If your main conern is falling pregnant, then dont even worry about weight gains etc etc, cause if you do fall pregnant, which is your goal, you are gonna become one big fat mumma wether you like it or not! You dont want to go taking anything that might in some way shape or form interfear with the clomid's purpose just so that you dont get fat. Getting fat is inevatable if your gonna have a baby. I would recommend not being so diligent with your diet & exercise & be more concerned about simply eating healthy like normal people and exercising to just stay fit. The extent you are probably going to, and want to goto, to not get fat at the moment, may actually somehow be hindering your progress to fall pregnant.

You have obviously put in alot of hardwork in the past to reach your goals, if your goal now is to have a baby & I was your friend or doctor, I would say dont bother with the gym, sit your arse down at night, watch some TV, chill out, eat dessert, have sex & just go for a walk each day, maybe do some light weights to just satisfy your cravings. Your putting to much pressure on yourself. On one hand your wanting to fall pregnant, on the other your wanting to keep the fat down. Its great to have lots of goals, but they cant clash!

My fingers are so crossed. You guys obviously want to be parents so much. And the fact that Sonis is talking adoption, says how kind and big his heart is. Alot of men would never even consider raising a child that is not their own blood. I think it's wonderful & adoption saves the lives of so many children who would otherwise be just a number on the government books with a name that means nothing.

Comment

Thanks, K...

What you say makes total sense...it's just easier said than done! :)

The thing that is so frustrating, aside from having so much trouble is the fact that SOOO many people who don't even want a baby end up pregnant. I know of at least two of my acquaintances this year who have had shot gun weddings due to an unexpected pregnancy. I just don't understand the how or the why.

As for the adoption thing: I'm torn on the subject right now. Yes, there are a ton of babies who are saved from it. But, then you hear of so much heartache, red tape, frustration and HUGE financial undertaking in the process...especially if it doesn't happen. That in and of itself seems like an even bigger stressor than trying to conceive on our own. Secondly, I am only 29, so I still have at least 6 years worth of time to try and conceive. I understand his point of view, but we are active and pretty healthy obviously, so I don't get why he thinks he won't be able to play ball w/ a kid when he's 50. I mean, even if it takes us another year, he would be 55 when the kid goes off to college.

My parents started w/ me when they were 29...They had my sister SIX years later, and they both had no trouble keeping up with us.

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel
            I am only 29, so I still have at least 6 years worth of time to try and conceive. I understand his point of view, but we are active and pretty healthy obviously, so I don't get why he thinks he won't be able to play ball w/ a kid when he's 50. I mean, even if it takes us another year, he would be 55 when the kid goes off to college.

My parents started w/ me when they were 29...They had my sister SIX years later, and they both had no trouble keeping up with us.
            When my daughter was born I was twenty eight. Now my x wife on the other hand was 45( Yes there is 17 yrs of differnce between us.) my daughter turned 5yrs old last may and thank god she is healthy and beautiful, and my X just turned 50 this past July and she has no problem with keeping up with her. Heck the way she keeps herself inshape I don't think she'll have any problem with keeping up with my daughter for a long time.
            So I wouldn't worry so much about the age stuff.

And I agree with K also. You are worrying waaaay too much, I've heard million stories about how people got pregnant with out even trying, That includes myself me and my x tried for a year without any luck, so we figured because of her age it wasn't going to happen. I even went out and bought a brand new Corvette since we couldn't have baby who needs a family car? Well...Wrooong on one of our weekend getaways with our new Corvette she got pregnant. I had car for only six months.
            My whole point is just relax, take some small or big trips enjoy yourselfs and stop dieting so much and it'll happen. It already happened once, now your body knows what to do just help it out a bit by giving it a little break.
            Wish you guys the best.

Comment

I thank you, WB...really.

Every story (and my story is the exact same) is that females seem to get pregnant when they aren't even trying. I dunno...it just seems like such an oxymoron!!

I wish I could stop worrying...It just seems like the more I DON'T worry about it, the least chance I'll have.

So,... I know everyone is tired of my "i can't get pregnant again" drama. So for that, I'm sorry. It is just beyond disappointing now.

As for a trip- I take a 'big" trip at the end of this month, to Italy. Can't wait.... I really think now it could do some good. :)

Comment

There you go RS, comparing again. *LOL*. I saw this girl the other day and she had the nicest legs. I got so cranky at myself. She was 6ft with legs up to her armpits. What would you say to me if I said, well it pisses me off that her legs are so perfect like they are & I cant get mine like that? You would say, well, for starters she is 6ft with legs up to her waist & Karen you are only 5ft 7 with legs that stop at your hips. For seconders (if thats a word), her genetics are TOTALLY different to yours so your legs will never look like hers! So comparisons with other people are only going to set negative seed's in your mind.

I know you know all this, & it hurts to see others just fall pregnant at th esight of a hot dog, its just FRUSTRATING as all hell when people around you are succeeding with no challenge at the things you struggle with every single day.

You have all the time in the world at the moment to continue to try for your own biological children. Especially if Sonis is healthy/fit. It's the age of the female that really is the worry because eventually that clock does tick! Im 31. My boyfriend is 27. He wants the 3 kids in the back of the 4wd scenario. I'm so not mentally ready or wanting to have the dependancy of young babies/children right now. I had my daughter at 22. I raised her with 110% attention and she is now at the age that I can pay just as much attention to myself. And I LOVE IT!!! So i'm thinking maybe i'll become a baby factory & fall pregnant at 34. Have one at 34, 35, 36. That will be enough to drive me crazy by the time im 40 & send us broke by the time were 50.

So you have atleast 6 - 8 years ahead of pregnancy trying. Sonis may have comments etc about how he feels about being an old dad kicking the footy around, but without even knowing him, I can say thats just his frustration and impatience talking & no matter what age he is when you say *Were having a baby*, he will have his footy boots on, ready and waiting! Explain that to him, because you really dont need the pressure of his (being the person you admire & respect most in the world) non existant biological clock pressures on you right now. Women carry enough guilt and shame when they cant fall pregnant, the last thing they need is any mental pressure (even if its not meant) on them. Stress is a huge blame for not being able to fall pregnant, aswell as every other kind of medical drama.

Just take it easy & stop racing against time. I can feel your tenseness over it all from here. Go to Italy, chill out, FORGET the whole baby thing and have a good time. Be happy :) Everything will fall into place!
                Last edited by xxxkazxxx; 09-09-06, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Yep really no lie. Italy sounds awesome! I know you guys will have a blast and who knows what else you'll be having. :nerdnew:

Comment

Originally posted by wnabeabeast
                    Yep really no lie. Italy sounds awesome! I know you guys will have a blast and who knows what else you'll be having. :nerdnew:
                    I am going in October 2007. So I want to hear lots of stories from you RS that it really is the most romantic city full of fabulous food/wine and passion. PERFECT baby breeding environment if you ask me!

Comment

Just to make you laugh for 30 seconds RS & be thankful your not dealing with children right now *LOL* !!!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SeXY-HoT-BLaC...QQcmdZViewItem

My innocent daughter who has NO IDEA WHAT THAT word means, sent me this link during the week hoping i'd bid on it for her. I guess this is why children should not have their own computers in their room at 8 years old. I'm investigating downloading some kind of super nanny programm for her computer as we speak!!

And YES, i did consider bidding on the top! For myself. haha.

Comment

I know, that's what my mom keeps telling me...But, when my clothes are not fitting, that makes any female stress! LOL
                        Go get yourself some new clothes that fit then. So what if you need to get some different clothes in preparation of pregnancy. Do what's right for your body and embrace the changes you make in the effort to concieve.

You need to change the way you are viewing your body. When you get pregnant you are going to be big. That's how it goes. You can take care of changing back to how you like to look AFTER you give birth. IMO, the changes women go through having children are a small price to pay considering the reward.

Just as you're willing to make sacrifices to keep yourself fit and to compete, you're going to have to make sacrifices to get pregnant. The weight you put on is the temporary price you will have to pay to make your dream come true. When you're holding your little one in your arms, you'll know it's all been worth it.

I hate to see you suffering this emotional rollercoaster, RS. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Comment

Thanks, for whipping me into shape, girl. You always have a good perspective on my struggles for some reason. :)

In all honesty, the biggest challenge I'm having IS having the courage to let myself go in order to conceive. Doing this type of life for so long, and doing a total 180 just plays serious mind games on a female.

Good news is, for the past 3 months my periods seem like they are finally getting regular again. It's been 99% on time give or take a day or two.

Funny thing about Clomid though...it really makes the "female juices", shall we say flow like butter. I took it last month, and I'm taking it again this month. Then I'm going to take a month or two off, and then start again. I mean, when I got pregnant this time last year, it had been about 3 months since I'd taken it...:)

Thanks for the support, all!

Comment

In all honesty, the biggest challenge I'm having IS having the courage to let myself go in order to conceive. Doing this type of life for so long, and doing a total 180 just plays serious mind games on a female.

I understand.

But really, you are not "letting yourself go" like you think, you are making the necessary changes that you need to make. And just like you make these changes now, you will make changes again after the baby is born to get your body back to how you want it. For someone like you who's been so dedicated to body building it can be a real struggle to accept this.

Just like dealing with the sides of a cycle like bloating and acne, the weight you put on is just a side effect and when everything is said and done, you will return to normal in time.

Glad to hear your body's reacting well to the clomid again. This is surely a good sign!

Comment

Working...
                            X