Lifting for little boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifting for little boys

Me and my dad had an argument last night about when is the youngest you can start lifting as a growing boy... I said that at 11yrs old you could start lifting...but my dad disagrees and thinks 14yrs old you should start...what do you think....

exercising or lifting heavy? I would say not to start going really heavy until puberty has set in pretty good. As in well aftera growth spurt. Your body needs to be building bones and structure, not muscle.

Comment

There was a kid in my gym that started lifting really hard and heavy at a young age and he said it caused permanent problems in his muscle growth. He had something weird with his biceps...

Comment

I'd say not until they have fully grown, whatever age that may be. Get them doing cardio until then and thats about it.

Comment

I'd say kids should be doing own body weight stuff, core exercises and such like. When they get to like 12 yrs old or when puberty gas started then I don't see a problem with high rep strict control lifting.

No 4-6 rep sets till like 16-16 yrs old depending on growth and always plenty stretching

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKILLER
            exercising or lifting heavy? I would say not to start going really heavy until puberty has set in pretty good. As in well aftera growth spurt. Your body needs to be building bones and structure, not muscle.
            I would have to agree with RK here.

Comment

it thought it was one of the bblding myths

Comment

Working...
              X