Frustrated and sadd!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated and sadd!

I visited an endocrinologist and she diagnosed me with gastritis (due to all supplements & stress on my body) & “postpartum” hypothyroid.

She is putting me on T3 for 8 wks in hopes to reset my thyroid. She would rather I not use any other supplements but I do not want to lose muscle.

Is there a natural supplement I can use to preserve muscle?

I thought if I went to her with some info she might change her mind.
    Last edited by tracylyn; 11-01-06, 10:08 AM.

It sounds like on Clen you are losing some water wieght mostly. This is probably due most to your diet. Post your diet and let us help fix it where we can.

Comment

Okay - the diet doesn't look half bad to be honest (although I would lose the muscle milk meal and replace it with another whole foods meal). We may need more information though (like how long have you been on this diet etc - have you tried carb cycling blah blah blah)...

Originally posted by tracylyn
      My stats when starting July 5 were 195lbs, 33%bf, Aug 4 I weighed 195 & 30%bc. and currently weighing in at 189 with 24.7%BF and 5’7”.
      I was dieting to compete this weekend in houston. That got blown to hell.Thanks
      Now I'm just confused as all get out - are you the same person or am I just overlooking something?

Comment

So you expect your body to do a 180 in 2-3 months? These things take lots of time.

Comment

Absolutely not. My main concern right now is correcting my thyroid, blood work & try to preserve muscle naturally while on T3. I am very sorry I did not make that clear and gave to much info. I will change it.
          Last edited by tracylyn; 11-01-06, 10:11 AM.

Comment

What is the dosage and duration of the prescription?

Comment

Eight week duration & 25mcg tabs.
              Wk1: 1/2 tab in am
              Wk2: 1 tab in am
              Wk3-6: 1 tab 2x in am & pm
              Wk7: 1 tab in am
              Wk8: 1/2 tab in am

Comment

Eight week duration & 25mcg tabs.
                Wk1: 1/2 tab in am
                Wk2: 1 tab in am
                Wk3-6: 1 tab 2x in am & pm
                Wk7: 1 tab in am
                Wk8: 1/2 tab in am
                That's a mild cycle. All T3 will do, with respect to muscle atrophy, is speed up your metabolism. T3, in and of itself, will not destroy muscle. So, to preserve muscle I would:
                1. cut cardio to light sessions 3X/wk
                2. increase protein to 2X LBM
                3. have your trainer determine your daily maintenance calories (BMR+TFE+AF) and then add at least 500 cals to this number
                4. train heavy on weights

You may put on weight, but at least you won't lose muscle.

Good luck.

Comment

I personally wouldn't cut the cardio, since you're trying to lose if I recall. But I agree with increasing your protein intake and training heavy. As curls said - that's a mild t3 cycle so you shouldn't have a major muscle loss issue...

Comment

Thanks! I'll do it.

I worked my arms M about the same as I have been. Today, they are still VERY sore, like you get if you haven't work out a couple weeks then hit them too hard. Especially at the origins & insertion points. I had to biofreeze them today to massage my clients.

Could this be a possible side or because I needed more protein? :hmmm:

Comment

Have you not worked out hard or heavy in a while? I get like that sometimes - certain workouts will make me SO sore. I don't think its a side effect or that you needed more protein....

Comment

I work my arms once a week and M I did go little more heavy but I certainly didn't expect to be this sore, especially my tris.

I did a combo move I haven't done in a while. It's a skull crusher & CG Press w/a 50lb BB & superset with a 35lb DB exts finishing with dips.
                        I only did 3 sets of 12 each. (Looking back, I went up 10lb ea from 4wks ago)

Have you ever tried that combo move? I don't think it has a name. I have done that & the JM press for a while now. Love em'
                        Last edited by tracylyn; 11-02-06, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X