Cardio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardio

I'd like to know what you all think, or what the different schools of thought are on cardio sessions.

Are your experiences that it's more beneficial to do say, 2 20-25 minute sessions per day, or one 40-50 minute session. I've tried it both ways, and I'm kind of on the fence.

I'm with the one 40 minute session per day. I've always read that you need to do at least 30 in a session - and I kind of feel like I'm wimping out if I quit at 20 mins, lol...

Comment

I prefer the 40-50min sessions first thing in the morning. I always see better results & alot more energy.

I also like to do cardio b4 weights for 20 min then another 20 min PWO. Keeps my temp up all day vs when I don't do the extra cardio.

Comment

I can see the benefits to both. I think it depends on your daily schedule. Doing it twice a day will keep your body going and a second session of high calorie burning. But if you can't get that second session in, the 20 mins in the morning alone won't be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
          and I kind of feel like I'm wimping out if I quit at 20 mins, lol...
          Same here, atleast ahalf hour for me

Comment

HIIT: 20-30 mins

Comment

Originally posted by tracylyn
              I prefer the 40-50min sessions first thing in the morning. I always see better results & alot more energy.

I also like to do cardio b4 weights for 20 min then another 20 min PWO. Keeps my temp up all day vs when I don't do the extra cardio.
              I've always found that when I do cardio before weights, my strength during my weight session decreases....just my .02!
              :)

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel
                I've always found that when I do cardio before weights, my strength during my weight session decreases....just my .02!
                :)
                Ditto...

Comment

You know, I didn't give that much thought! My thinking was warm up the body before weights & burn more after. But, today I did hams after cardio and felt like shit the entire time. That's probably the reason. :hmmm:

I'll stop and see if there is a difference. Thanx!

Comment

You know, I didn't give that much thought! My thinking was warm up the body before weights & burn more after. But, today I did hams after cardio and felt like shit the entire time. That's probably the reason. :hmmm:

I'll stop and see if there is a difference. Thanx!

A lot of people do cardio first if they're trying to cut fat - but not if you're trying to add muscle.

I think you will probably notice a difference - I don't even do cardio on leg day. I feel like I look like something is stuck up my butt, lol....

Comment

I was quite comical today. After SLdeads I went directly to Stndg culrz. I could only curl 15lbs on ea leg for 2 sets of 8, barely!
                      I was MAXED out. :thumbsdow
                      I have been puzzled all day wondering what the hell is wrong with me.
                      Last edited by tracylyn; 11-10-06, 11:43 PM.

Comment

I was quite comical today. After SLdeads I went directly to Stndg culrz. I could only curl 15lbs on ea leg for 2 sets of 8, barely!
                        I was MAXED out. :thumbsdow
                        I have been puzzled all day wondering what the hell is wrong with me.
                        I did the same thing last time I did hamstrings. High rep SLDL's and right to lying curls - I was struggling with 30 or 40 lbs, lol...

We just THINK everyone is laughing - they aren't paying attention :)

Comment

due to time constraints, my cardio is now on its separate day(s)
                          depends on how my week is going energy levels etc.
                          i try to vary my cardio as i get very very bored. jogging sprints on the treadmil, and for other machines i use the pre-set programs (intervals, etc) and set the resistance to something nice and tough.
                          i am in agreement with red about getting weak for lifting if cardio (or a long warmup) is done before weights.
                          cheers!
                          TG

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                            I can see the benefits to both. I think it depends on your daily schedule. Doing it twice a day will keep your body going and a second session of high calorie burning. But if you can't get that second session in, the 20 mins in the morning alone won't be enough.
                            So, lets say 3 times a week, I go at lunch for 30 min...on those days I also workout after work w/ say 20 min of cardio after my workout. On days I don't go at lunch, how much do you think? 30 min? Isn't it the first 17 min of any cardio session your body takes that time to burn past any food, and then goes onto the stored fat for burning? Also, if I workout before cardio, is that 17 min eaten up when I start working out, even if I'm not doing cardiovascular type of activity?

Comment

Working...
                            X