cutting workout critique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cutting workout critique

I'm gettin married in about a month so trying to lean up and I don't have lots of time with works pressure and all.

This means I can't add cardio regularly since I don't have the time. Usually I work in the 6-10 rep range, alternating to 12+ range every 3rd week or so in a conventional, 3 set per excercise, 2-3 excercises per body part, 4 day split, resting well between each set.

As a trade off with the lack of cardio option I'm adopting a higher rep, superset style but I don't have a whole lot of experience with this so its been pretty trial and error so far, although it does seem to be doing some good in the week or so I've been doing it, as follows;

3 day split, 3 on, 1-2 off

day1 - chest, bis and tri's:

incline barbell superset with incline flyes then rest, x 3 sets
    flat barbell press with flyes then rest, x 3

Supersetting bi's with tris, 2-3 movements moving from tri to bi as a superset then rest, 12+ rep range

day 2 - shoulders and back!

all shoulders then all back, behind neck press with side laterals then rest, front dumbel with bent over laterals then rest, machine press with shrugs then rest

back - lat pulldown with cable rows, close grip pull down with T ar or Nautilous machine mid back

day 3 - legs, leg ext with leg press, squats in high rep to finish, then for hams just slow lying at the mo (had a partial tear the other week training at a different gym)

I'm trying to slot in abs work here and there also

the weight is like 2/3 of what I'd normaly use and I have to drop further as I progress through the sets to get the reps required.

it sure gets my heart pumping but does anyone have more experience with this and do you have any golden pairings in terms of the super sets, generally I'm doing a core followed by an isolation? :hmmm:

Hey Big I, IMHO, you'd be much better off changing your diet instead of your workout routine. I sincerely believe you can lean up quicker, (and not affect your lack of free time at all), by diet changes. Again, just my 2 cc's. BB

Comment

Thanks for responding BB, it was a lengthy thread. I've already cut back on the cream cakes thanks. I'm sticking with the above routine for the time being, its not as specific and doesn't quite give the same deep fibre feeling but it sure tests your cardio and gets the blood to the muscle.

In the short time I've been doing it I've tightened up some and feel fitter. The intention is to stick with it till I go away and then for a month or so when I come back.

I'm running inj winnie on training days and a baby dose of deca to offset the winnie.

Comment

if I were you i'd do a 5 day split, mon-chest, tues-back, wed-shoulders/traps, thurs-bis/tris, fri-legs and abs...I do 4 exercises 2 for mass while 2 are supersetted and are geared more towards leaning up.

Comment

Working...
        X