Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edamame

All I can say is YUMMM!!!!

Sonis and I had this as a little munchie at a sushi restaurant a bit ago, and it has taken me awhile to find. I finally found it in one of the higher end grocery stores in the organic section. It obviously comes from Asian cuisine, and is a bit expensive, BUT..

Edamame is basically a soybean, and you don't eat the pod, just the beans inside. There is like 15 grams of protein, 6 carbs, and like 100 calories in 1 cup. It's a great little snack while you're at work, or if you get hungry in between meals.

Interesting - I've got to check it out....

Do you cook it, or is it sold in some ready to eat state? Of all the lentils, soybeans have the most protein but also a fair amount of fat - how does this rate?

Comment

Get it all the time. Add a little salt and it is great!

Comment

I had them at a restraunt once and loved them.

Comment

Didn't say they weren't Rado, just said they taste great when you add salt. Thanks for your smart ass comment though:)
          Last edited by grnmchn; 01-10-07, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Isn't soy protein bad for men?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf
              Interesting - I've got to check it out....

Do you cook it, or is it sold in some ready to eat state? Of all the lentils, soybeans have the most protein but also a fair amount of fat - how does this rate?

I bought it already cooked and ready to eat. Sometimes I will steam it in the microwave for like 30 seconds and put a little sea salt on it!

In 100 grams, there are 3.6 gms of fat. :)

Comment

Originally posted by grnmchn
                Didn't say they weren't Rado, just said they taste great when you add salt. Thanks for your smart ass comment though:)
                I'm not sure what kind you're buying, Rado.

At edamame.com, there are only 5 gms of sodium in 100 grams anyway.

Studies have also shown that a high sodium intake has little to no health risks.

Comment

Hello. Another discussion was on the subject of farm salmons and the fact that they eat their own faeces. Did you guys know that most Asian produce is fertilised with human waist? Yum! I hope these beans are scrumptious enough to overcome the fact that they grew on nutrients from human poo.

Australia produces small amounts of soybean during specific times of the year, however, we do get it imported throughout the cold seasons.

I only eat produce grown by Australian farmers.

Comment

Working...
                  X