Female Contest Diet/Prep Check...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female Contest Diet/Prep Check...

Okay everyone - I've got a client I've convinced to get on board with competing but I'm not sure she has what it takes (but we'll see) - I really just need her to get off her ass and get a little leaner before she commits to this so we've agreed that she can try the diet for a while and then commit her to a show if she's coming along well enough - she works well when she has something to shoot for and seems to think competing will kick her into the mentality that she "has" to do something but wants to at the same time - ANYWAYS....

Stats

5'6"
    159#'s
    23-24%bf

Meal 1
    3 egg whites
    1 whole egg
    1/2 cup oats

Meal 2
    Small apple
    1/4 cup almonds or tbsp almond butter

Meal 3
    4oz grilled chicken
    1 cup brown rice
    1 cup green beans

Meal 4
    4oz grilled chicken
    1 cup brown rice
    1 cup green beans

Meal 5
    Small apple

Meal 6
    4oz grilled chicken
    1 cup brown rice
    1 cup green beans

Meal 7
    1/2 cup cottage cheese or plain yogurt

Cardio is 30 minutes in the AM Monday thru Friday and 30 minutes PWO 4 days a week

Curious - what time is meal 6 at?

Comment

I think 7:30...

Comment

Is she competingin BBing or Figure?

Comment

She will be trying for figure - she is NOT ready but she is convinced that she at least needs to "try" so that she can get better results than what she's been getting...

I'm the type that tells my clients that they can look as good as they want to if they will listen to me and do what I say - if they EVER look in the mirror and see something they don't like but haven't done what I've told them to do then they don't need to come crying to me about why they're not getting the most out of their money - I refuse to take the blame for laziness when they're not with me and unfortunately she "has been" one of these girls for a while now - maybe she can get her head in the game soon....

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
            Okay everyone - I've got a client I've convinced to get on board with competing but I'm not sure she has what it takes (but we'll see) - I really just need her to get off her ass and get a little leaner before she commits to this so we've agreed that she can try the diet for a while and then commit her to a show if she's coming along well enough - she works well when she has something to shoot for and seems to think competing will kick her into the mentality that she "has" to do something but wants to at the same time - ANYWAYS....

Stats

5'6"
            159#'s
            23-24%bf

Meal 1
            3 egg whites
            1 whole egg
            1/2 cup oats

Meal 2
            Small apple

Meal 3
            4oz grilled chicken
            1 cup brown rice
            1 cup green beans

Meal 4
            4oz grilled chicken
            1 cup brown rice
            1 cup green beans

Meal 5
            Small apple

Meal 6
            4oz grilled chicken
            1 cup brown rice
            1 cup green beans

Meal 7
            1/2 cup cottage cheese or plain yogurt

Cardio is 30 minutes in the AM Monday thru Friday and 30 minutes PWO 4 days a week

Ok, well my first question is this: is the above diet for her to bulk, maintain, or lean up? I'm guessing by your post this is to lean up. So, if that's the case- here goes:

1) she needs more protein. I would increase her whole food meal portion size by 1oz.

2) Remove carbs after 6pm. Take out the brown rice and replace w/ another cup of veggies

3) Meals 2 & 5 should be either 1/2 can of tuna & an apple, or a shake w/ 3-4 strawberries. IMHO, those meals don't look like you're getting the most bang for your buck

4) You really need to take out a meal. Even when I was dieting for my show, the most meals I ever ate in the beginning was 6 meals. I would take out that dairy at night and replace w/ an egg white omelet

5) She does realize that w/ her current stats,she's going to have to put on about another 5lbs of muscle, right? She has 122 lbs of lean body mass. And, at 5'6" she needs at least 126+ so as not to look too stringy.

6) I think you really need to throw in some fish at least twice a week, and 40z of red meat once a week. If she's had trouble in the past staying on a diet, then my guess is she'd get real sick of chicken & green beans every single day for every single meal.

....Just my .02! Hope it helps

Comment

Working...
            X