Help/Advice please for my lady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help/Advice please for my lady

After a long time my lady has taken the brave step of giving up smoking. I'm really proud of her for trying, she has just started today and is as I type getting gum and snack stocks.

Its the diet side of things I want opinions on. I think I know the basics pretty well but I figured I'd post here since there are probably some subtle differences with women.

She's worried about putting on weight and she's not a gym rat in fact she hardly goes but has a beautiful body anyhow. I'm gonna try help her without being pushy.

My thoughts are that since at the moment she only eats like two meals a day there is an opportunity to counter the usual drop in metabolic rate that occures when you give up smoking, i.e. if she starts eating 5 small meals a day.

I've seen redSquirel's competition diet plan and think something similar would work. She will also try and get down the gym more and we agree that this will at least make her feel better since endorphines get released.

She usually doesn't eat breakfast and I've laboured the point that this is the best time to spike your metabolism with a good clean meal.

I'm thinking mainly; rice, tuna (in water), chicken slices, vegetables and eating less fruits of night time and less carbs then. Green tea, dandilion, and cider vinegar or vinigatette on side salads to make the meals more interesting, also black pepper as a condoment.

Any other helpful tips?

Sounds like you've got a good start on this project - no worries...

Comment

thanks bro, I appreciate the response all the same.

To help I've started dieting also, beginning with good amounts of brown rice and clean carbs and upping the protien from cleaner sources like turkey instead of beef or marinaded stuff. Both drinking consiousely more water also.

Comment

I wasn't trying to blow you off brother - I was serious - it sounds like you've got most everything covered and dieting with her will be a great boost for the both of you (or so I've heard)...

Comment

So how has she done so far?

I'm curious as to if she gained any weigh or stayed the same since she quit (has she stayed off the ciggies?)

Comment

Working...
          X