No announcement yet.

My girlfriend is getting into it....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't mean eliminate the cardio; 20-30 minutes a few times a week is great for basic cardiovascular fitness. But if this lady is a runner or endurance athlete, she's probably doing a lot more than that, which is what would need to be dropped some to build muscle.

You can lose lots of body fat and still not look very "toned", just skinny and sticklike, if you have insufficient LBM.

Comment

Well she definately doesnt want to lose body fat. she already has a 6 pack that i am just as jealous of as i am turned on by. thanks for the help on the sets, reps and split though that really clears things up. she says she's afraid of gaining weight just because its been beaten into her head. but once she sees some lean body mass added to what is already a great body i think she will be pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder
        Well she definately doesnt want to lose body fat. she already has a 6 pack that i am just as jealous of as i am turned on by. thanks for the help on the sets, reps and split though that really clears things up. she says she's afraid of gaining weight just because its been beaten into her head. but once she sees some lean body mass added to what is already a great body i think she will be pleased.
        The biggest challenge for her is going to be to STAY OFF THE SCALE. I'm serious, hide it!

If she's had it beat into her head that gaining any type of weight, muscle or not; is bad, then getting on the scale will only make it that much more difficult for her to put on mass.

And, if she really wants to add some good lean mass, make sure she's eat at least 2500 cals of clean foods. Make sure she's got a good PWO shake as well to have obviously right after her workout to help with recovery. Can she post up what she typically eats for a day? Knowing that would be able to really help with her development

Comment

Originally posted by OhHannah
          Thanks for the clarification. I didn't mean eliminate the cardio; 20-30 minutes a few times a week is great for basic cardiovascular fitness. But if this lady is a runner or endurance athlete, she's probably doing a lot more than that, which is what would need to be dropped some to build muscle.

You can lose lots of body fat and still not look very "toned", just skinny and sticklike, if you have insufficient LBM.
          Correct. And, I think he did mention that she was totally done with the running.

In my experience here on the board, when most of the women here say they want to "tone up" 9 times out of 10 they don't want to put on muscle; they want to lose fat so the muscle they do have is more apparent. There are only a select few here who really do want to put on muscle.

Comment

Working...
          X