week before show diet advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• week before show diet advice?

I am one week out from my first figure show. Dave Palumbo has been doing my diet. He doesn't have me carbing up before the show, he says women look better flat, so he has me eating eggs and peanut butter to fill out. I don't want to fill out with fat. I liked the way I looked on my cheat days where I ate lots of carbs, I don't have much muscle so I think I look better full, round and pumped. Any suggestions what I should do? Eat? Help!

listen to dave. you start doing what you think is best and you will ruin all the past weeks of preparation.

you look better on your cheat days at home in the mirror. up on stage under the super bright lights is a different story. just listen to what dave tells you, he has prepared hundreds of girls.

Comment

OK, I will. Thanks!

Comment

don't mean to come across like i am yelling at you or anything. i just know how it is the last few weeks. you start questioning yourself and start listening to other peoples advice. best to just stick to the game plan.

keep us updated and post pics after the show if you can.

have you thought about where you are going to eat after the show? just don't stuff yourself to much or bad bloating and gas is sure to follow. :P

Comment

There is a buffet dinner after the show. All I really want is some wine, that is what I miss the most.

Comment

You should follow what Dave has told you. He knows your body & progress better than we do.

I am somewhat concerned that you are not having ANY carbs before you get on stage. The fats will not fill your muscles up and make them look full; as the fats have nothing to help shuttle to your cells to become full.

B- She looks better on cheat days because I'll bet she's had some carbs. Lights or not- carbs fill you out. I don't really know why he thinks women look better flat. But, that's his opinion. On the say of the show, she's ready. Eating carbs to look full will only help her, IMHO, and Bug does needs to make herself look as full as possible. The only way she's going to spill over or ruin any gameplan is if she drinks a ton of fluid and has carbs. Yes, Dave has prepared many girls for contests, and I'm not telling Bug not to follow what he tells her. I just find it odd.

Bug- have you asked Dave why he's not having you eat any carbs to fill out?

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel View Post
              You should follow what Dave has told you. He knows your body & progress better than we do.

I am somewhat concerned that you are not having ANY carbs before you get on stage. The fats will not fill your muscles up and make them look full; as the fats have nothing to help shuttle to your cells to become full.

B- She looks better on cheat days because I'll bet she's had some carbs. Lights or not- carbs fill you out. I don't really know why he thinks women look better flat. But, that's his opinion. On the say of the show, she's ready. Eating carbs to look full will only help her, IMHO, and Bug does needs to make herself look as full as possible. The only way she's going to spill over or ruin any gameplan is if she drinks a ton of fluid and has carbs. Yes, Dave has prepared many girls for contests, and I'm not telling Bug not to follow what he tells her. I just find it odd.

Bug- have you asked Dave why he's not having you eat any carbs to fill out?
              you are misinterpreting Daves advice and i think she is too. she says, "he has me eating fat to fill out." that's not what the fat is for. the fat is to spare any muscle break down. trust me, its little words or sentences that get twisted and all of the sudden it makes dave look like an idiot. i know the guy well, he consistently has women winning shows.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                you are misinterpreting Daves advice and i think she is too. she says, "he has me eating fat to fill out." that's not what the fat is for. the fat is to spare any muscle break down. trust me, its little words or sentences that get twisted and all of the sudden it makes dave look like an idiot. i know the guy well, he consistently has women winning shows.
                No, I get why he keeps the fats so high. But, the day of the show, or a week before, for that matter- muscle break down is no longer an issue. Yes- Keeping the fats high for 12 weeks is to spare muscle break down over the course of the diet. But, I don't se the point of not carbing up the day of the show to fill out.

I know Dave has success with women, and I'm not saying he's an idiot- by any means. But, anyone is going to look peeled with little or no carbs for 12+ weeks. I'm not misinterpreting anything, as I am quite familiar with his science behind his diets. I just don't agree with the science behind it. He has success with it, so to each his own. I just come from a different school of thought.

Comment

No, I get why he keeps the fats so high. But, the day of the show, or a week before, for that matter- muscle break down is no longer an issue. Yes- Keeping the fats high for 12 weeks is to spare muscle break down over the course of the diet. But, I don't se the point of not carbing up the day of the show to fill out.

I know Dave has success with women, and I'm not saying he's an idiot- by any means. But, anyone is going to look peeled with little or no carbs for 12+ weeks. I'm not misinterpreting anything, as I am quite familiar with his science behind his diets. I just don't agree with the science behind it. He has success with it, so to each his own. I just come from a different school of thought.
                  that's my point red. we are arguing about details that may or may not be true. i have never once Heard Dave say, "women look better flat". i am not calling bug a liar, i just think she may be exaggerating his words.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                    that's my point red. we are arguing about details that may or may not be true. i have never once Heard Dave say, "women look better flat". i am not calling bug a liar, i just think she may be exaggerating his words.
                    We were just skinning the cat 8 different ways! :)

Maybe Bug should just ask Dave what he means by "women look better flat", or that she should "fill out with fats", to get further clarification. That way, she will feel better about it when she is on stage after hearing it from her diet consultant....if that is in fact what he said. ;)

Comment

Maybe Bug should just ask Dave what he means by "women look better flat", or that she should "fill out with fats", to get further clarification. That way, she will feel better about it when she is on stage after hearing it from her diet consultant....if that is in fact what he said. ;)
                      yea, i would like some clarification on that.

Comment

Egg and peanut butter are full of fat by eating these more you will be fatty body and fat will destroy your body attraction. You need to put concentrate on body attraction because you have figure show not fat show. Use fruits & vegetables these item have low and some of them have zero fat. And help to make body figure perfect and pretty. Use water and juice instead of soda or energy drinks.

Comment

^^^
                          I don't know what you just said but welcome to the board. Also this post was made back in 2008. :D

Comment

LOL at replying to old threads...anybody know how she did? I certainly wouldn't second guess Dave. I'm sure it depends on if she was doing fitness, physique, bodybuilding. Some women can be too big and would need to come in "flat" depending on what division they're in.

Comment

Working...
                            X