Being physically fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being physically fit

Maintaining a healthy body is important. Proper fitness or workouts and eating nutritious foods are which are low fat diet and high in fiber. In this way, we can prevent possible sickness like heart disease, cancer and diabetes. But, What is the best and practical ways to have a regularly exercise? Because not all people can afford to go the gym.

Physical exercise is important for maintaining physical fitness and can contribute positively to maintaining healthy weight, building and maintaining healthy bone density, muscle strength, and joint mobility, promoting physiological well-being, reducing surgical risks, and strengthening the immune system.Exercise has been shown to improve cognitive functioning via improvement of hippocampus-dependent spatial learning, and enhancement of synaptic plasticity and neurogenesis.

In longer term, exercise benefits our brain through:
    1. increasing the blood and oxygen flow to the brain
    2. increasing growth factors that help create new nerve cells and promote synaptic plasticity
    3. increasing chemicals in the brain that help cognition, such as dopamine, glutamate, norepinephrine, and serotonin
    Last edited by Bouncer; 06-02-08, 08:27 PM.

no links to other sites please.

Comment

Originally posted by jpiers View Post
      eating nutritious foods are which are low fat diet and high in fiber. In this way, we can prevent possible sickness like heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
      can't say I agree with that statement. I would have to say from the diet recommended to me by my doctor niether does he. I agree with the nutritios part and mostly with the fiber part. But, I am of the opinion that the low fat craze has been a major contributing factor in the obesity problem. All fat is not bad! the right fats help you burn fat. All carbs and no fat make Johnny a fat boy.

Comment

Working...
      X