my first figure show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first figure show

I got 3rd place in both figure masters and figure medium. It was lots of fun and I learned lots. I am the one in the red one piece and navy 2 piece. I qualified for the next level at the provincials which I will do in July 2009. Time to gain as much muscle as possible! Bring on the food!
    Last edited by bugaboo; 10-18-08, 05:27 PM.

you looked very good. not sure i agree with those other 2 girls beating you honestly. i know picture can tell a different story then real life but you looked the best taking all the pics into account. in the first pic, you are the only one who knew how to hold your arm back, the rest of the girls looked like they were doing some kind of Egyptian walk or some shit. lol

Comment

Yah! Lots of people said the same thing. The ones who did win were local girls and there was some talk of favortism as the host girl had 16 of her trainees there. Oh well, all I really wanted was to qualify for the next level.

Comment

Congrats! you looked great! Was that the show in North Van?

Comment

Show was in Fort St John, BC.

Comment

Congrats, you looked great :)

Comment

Congratulations for sure - you looked great Bugaboo - keep it up!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bugaboo View Post
                Yah! Lots of people said the same thing. The ones who did win were local girls and there was some talk of favortism as the host girl had 16 of her trainees there. Oh well, all I really wanted was to qualify for the next level.
                Looking good!

As for the local girls who placed better, one thing you really have to remember is how political this sport really is. Even though you may have looked better, that's what it boils down to. In order to overcome that, you need to do what you can to market & promote yourself. And, you just need to get your face in front of the judges as much as possible. The sport reqards longevity. Some people just compete once, and you never see them again. But, they usually reward someone the continue to see.

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel View Post
                  Looking good!

As for the local girls who placed better, one thing you really have to remember is how political this sport really is. Even though you may have looked better, that's what it boils down to. In order to overcome that, you need to do what you can to market & promote yourself. And, you just need to get your face in front of the judges as much as possible. The sport reqards longevity. Some people just compete once, and you never see them again. But, they usually reward someone the continue to see.
                  Well said...

Comment

I am going to keep at it. Already prepping for next show next year. Making improvements, hired a IFBB pro to help with training and diet. No more Palumbo, I need my oatmeal.

Comment

Keep up the hard work. Woman have it the hardest I think. Diet and exercise has to be perfect. Way to go you look great.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiev View Post
                        Diet and exercise has to be perfect.
                        and men can just eat a pizza and jump on stage? :hmm:

Comment

well done bugaboo

wonder woman how come you've got rado's legs in your avatar?

Comment

Working...
                          X