Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What training would you recommend for my girlfriend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What training would you recommend for my girlfriend?

Her stats:

Weight: 107 lbs
    Height: 5'2"
    Bodyfat Percentage: 17% (based on the scales you stand on barefoot)

Measurements
    Waist: 30.75"
    Bicep: 10.5"
    Chest: 35.5"
    Mid Thigh: 18"
    Forearm: 9"
    Neck: 12.5"
    Hips: 36"
    Calves: 13"

I wasnt sure what all areas to measure so I just did the same places I did on me.

Her goal is to tone up and have more definition...as is most people starting out. Also I should mention she doesnt eat a whole lot during the day. She use to weigh around the mid 130's and she dropped a lot of that weight by not eating as much over the last several months. So she is afraid if she starts eating more she will gain it back. My guess is she eats 1,000 to 1,200 calories per day...but that is purely a guess based on what she told me and what I've seen. I think she is starting to understand the importance of eating properly. I've got her to start eating a little more.

I was thinking weight training 3 times per week and cardio twice a week. Thoughts?

Any input is greatly appreciated:)

I also forgot to mention to ad advice on a diet too....thanks

Comment

i am going to move this to the womens section, and send a pm to red. she is best for this. i am terrible at recommending programs for women.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
        i am going to move this to the womens section, and send a pm to red. she is best for this. i am terrible at recommending programs for women.
        Is Red the screen name for someone on this site? I searched for "red" but it came up with nothing...

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by stud_wit_style View Post
          Is Red the screen name for someone on this site? I searched for "red" but it came up with nothing...

thanks
          SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums - View Profile: redsquirrel

i sent her a pm to check out this thread when she gets online.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
            SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums - View Profile: redsquirrel

i sent her a pm to check out this thread when she gets online.
            Ok. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by stud_wit_style View Post
              Her stats:

Weight: 107 lbs
              Height: 5'2"
              Bodyfat Percentage: 17% (based on the scales you stand on barefoot)

Measurements
              Waist: 30.75"
              Bicep: 10.5"
              Chest: 35.5"
              Mid Thigh: 18"
              Forearm: 9"
              Neck: 12.5"
              Hips: 36"
              Calves: 13"

I wasnt sure what all areas to measure so I just did the same places I did on me.

Her goal is to tone up and have more definition...as is most people starting out. Also I should mention she doesnt eat a whole lot during the day. She use to weigh around the mid 130's and she dropped a lot of that weight by not eating as much over the last several months. So she is afraid if she starts eating more she will gain it back. My guess is she eats 1,000 to 1,200 calories per day...but that is purely a guess based on what she told me and what I've seen. I think she is starting to understand the importance of eating properly. I've got her to start eating a little more.

I was thinking weight training 3 times per week and cardio twice a week. Thoughts?

Any input is greatly appreciated:)

Well, your first challenge is getting her to overcome her battle with what the scale reads. If she wants to "tone up", which is code for losing BF, she's flat out going to have to eat more. 4-5 meals per day. Muscle weighs more than fat. That being said, I will almost guarantee that if the scale gave you that 17%that her BF is not accurate. Based on her measurements, and her diet; my guess is she's in the mid 20's. Find someone to take her BF with a pair of calipers. Calipers measure bicep, tricep, 2 ab sites, and the scapula to determine her BF. The second reason I know her BF is probably higher, is because she's barely eating enough to maintain her normal bodily functions. 1000-1200 calories is in no way healthy. Which means, she may have lost weight, but she's lost muscle in the process. So, before you have her doing ANY cardio, you need to get her metabolism going again. The diet is going to be the most important, and if she's not going to follow it, and be patient, and most of all- STAY OFF THE SCALE, then it's not going to work. Period.

You say that she doesn't eat a lot during the day, but then you say she's starting to understand eating more, and that she is eating more....I'm a little confused, as that seems contradictory. As for weights, I would put her on a 3 day workout doing light weights/high reps ONLY for the first few weeks. Trying to dive head first into a training routine is completely pointless right now. Her metabolism has slowed too much for an intense training regimen to be of any use. So, the goal with this diet is to jump start her metabolism. After about 3-4 weeks, she should be counting the minutes until her next meal. At which time we will revisit & make changes to her training, and add more food to the diet. But, it's imperative she STAY OFF OF THE SCALE. She's already obsessed with it, so staying off of it is the only way she will succeed. Buy a pair of $20 calipers, and monitor her BF loss & progress with those by doing her BF the same time every week. When her pinches stop falling, it's time to change the diet.

This diet is the best I can do without truly knowing her BF:

8am
              Meal 1- 2 whole eggs w/ 2 egg whites
              1 slice of toast

12pm
              Meal 2- 4oz 97% fat free ground turkey
              1/4c black beans
              diced tomatoes
              low fat shredded cheese & sour cream
              1 wheat tortilla
              small green salad w/ oil & Vinegar

3:30pm

1 serving of yogurt (Blue Bunny has the lowest sugar)
              10 almonds

6:30pm

Meal 4- 4oz chicken, turkey or fish (***red meat ok once a week)
              2 cups green beans, or green salad

9:30pm

Meal 5- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
              Last edited by redsquirrel; 11-17-08, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Great information, Thanks Red!!

I did forget to mention that I measured her waist around her belly button...not sure if thats the proper area or not. If not where should I measure her waist at? Also Is there certain areas that i should measure?

What i meant on the eating part was that until the last week or so she wasnt eating very much. Then she started to understand the importance of it so she started eating more(in the last week or so). Sorry for the confusion.

I've been meaning to get a set of calipers. I'll see about getting some this week and post up what I get with those.

Again...thanks for your help:)

Comment

Update.............

I got some fat calipers and I measured her in the stomach area where the directions said. According to the chart she is around 23-25% BF. So you were dead on...very impressive!!

On the scale she was around 17% that is a big difference. Also I was around 26-27% on the scale and with the calipers I was around 25%. Why is there such a varied difference with men and women and the accuracy between the two???

Comment

Working...
                  X