Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Hi! This is MormonMuscle's wife and I had a question for anyone who might be able to help. I am doing a 12 wk challenge at my local gym, when I first started my husband asked for some help for me to lose weight. Someone had mentioned the ketosis diet and I have been doing that and have lost 15lbs. Thank you so much!! My question is: For the end of the challenge they are doing after pics and I want to look my best. Problem is I still have bout 24% BF. I hold my weight all over and I do look better but after having three kids I have stretch marks on my stomach. They have faded, but is there anyway to hide them a little more? Is there anything else I can do this last wk to look as good as possible? I know I'm probably hoping for the impossible but I figured if anyone might know, you guys might? Thanks again for all the advice!

just stick with your diet and cardio.

think about tanning, cocoa butter lotions etc to try and help with stretch marks etc..

make sure you are drinking plenty of water and getting enough sodium.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post

think about tanning, cocoa butter lotions etc to try and help with stretch marks etc..
      I don't think she has enough time for regular tanning to have much of an effect. Do you think a spray tan would work?

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
        just stick with your diet and cardio.

make sure you are drinking plenty of water and getting enough sodium.
        My husband told me to decrease sodium and increase potassium to help with water weight loss. Is this wrong? I have been tanning and do use a cocoa butter lotion. I also drink about a gallon of water a day. I have been weight training 45-60min, 5 times a wk and walking with an incline to keep my heart rate at 65% to try and help with weight loss. I'd much rather run, but the hubby told me I would get better results keeping the heart rate lower. Have you heard of "Mederma" working for stretch marks? I'm to the point where I'm willing to do anything to look better. Whether it be diet or exercise, I'm desperate to look as good as I did b4 kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby View Post
          I don't think she has enough time for regular tanning to have much of an effect. Do you think a spray tan would work?
          I have been tanning since I started the 12 wk challenge. I knew it would help. I really would rather look good without having to use any tricks but with this at the end, I'm desperate for some quick results. If there is such a thing?!

Comment

Unfortunately, there is nothing, short of tummy tuck, you can do. I also have stretchmarks, and I know how saddening they are. A tan is about the only thing that will help mask them a little.

Comment

Pick up a jar of dream tan, it seems to work best at hiding stretch marks.

Comment

K, thanks for the help everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by mormonmuscle View Post
                  My husband told me to decrease sodium and increase potassium to help with water weight loss. Is this wrong? I have been tanning and do use a cocoa butter lotion. I also drink about a gallon of water a day. I have been weight training 45-60min, 5 times a wk and walking with an incline to keep my heart rate at 65% to try and help with weight loss. I'd much rather run, but the hubby told me I would get better results keeping the heart rate lower. Have you heard of "Mederma" working for stretch marks? I'm to the point where I'm willing to do anything to look better. Whether it be diet or exercise, I'm desperate to look as good as I did b4 kids!
                  I've heard Mederma can work for stretch marks, i will be using it! LOL.

As for looking your absolute best, what about sodium/carb/water loading the beginning of the week, and decreasing sodium & water starting Wednesday? It's a precontest water trick to get all of the water off your body.

Comment

Originally posted by mormonmuscle View Post
                    My husband told me to decrease sodium and increase potassium to help with water weight loss. Is this wrong?
                    i think it may be because your muscles are probably very flat from the diet. you cut out sodium and you may take on the look of not fitting inside your skin. i have seen it a million times. better to be full then completely flat to the point of looking deflated.

Comment

K, my wife got her measurements for end of the 12 week challenge, and she has lost 15 lbs. She lost 7.5 inches off her waist and 4.5 off her hips. She looks good, and we both wanted to send out our appreciation for helping her with her diet and stuff.

Thanks especially to Bouncer for your help. Wish her luck on the competition. We find out the winners on the 30th this month.

Comment

Hi I really need some advice I have just recently been placed on medication and it has made me gain 2 stone and I am finding it very hard to loose the weight my friend suggested helios as a good way to help promote weight loss juist wondering if anyone has used it or knows any ways that are good for weight loss any info would be much appreciated xxx

Comment

Working...
                        X