I couldn't believe this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I couldn't believe this...

I was reading an article in the new Flex about the results of the Jan Tana. I couldn't believe the slim awards that were given out. The winner of each division got only $1500. The overall winner got an extra grand, so $2500 to the overall winner. This is supposed to be a major women's showing. With the evolution of figure competitions and Ms. Fitness Olympia (which isn't fair in my opinion), it seems the pro female bodybuilder is being cornered into extinction. First the Ms. International (I think this is right) gets shut down and doesn't announce an overall winner due to time limitations on the building and now the skimpy awards. It seems photo opportunities are going to the fitness, figure girls and so is the prize money. It just doesn't seem fair to the female body builders.
    My gripe on the Fitness Olympia is that the contestants are required to do routines that do not take place in any other physique shows. I don't think having to be a gymnist should be part of a show based around building a perfect body. That is just my opinion. Anyway, what are yall thoughts on this?
    Muddy

I agree with you, I used to want to compete but always felt I wouln't be able to as I have NO gymnast or cheerleading background, doesn't seem fair but those are the girls who end up winning, I dare em' to play me in soccer or v-ball though, I'd kill em:D

Comment

Re: I couldn't believe this...

Originally posted by muddy
      I don't think having to be a gymnist should be part of a show based around building a perfect body.
      I agree completely

Comment

Also, do yall notice that the Ms. Fitness O competors are now looking more and more like LW Bodybuilders and the Figure gals are looking like the original Fitness girls. I know a lot of the female figure shows are based around what is "attractive" to the mainstream, thus causing the Female BB contests to loose their foothold in physique competitions. The cost to acheive their body is greater (gear wise) and the gains (reward money) is much less.
        I just feel bad for the women who love to compete at the level of Ms. Olympia who are getting squashed because they "don't look right". That is such a double standard. Does Ronnie Coleman really, truly "look right"? I guess its all about the sponsors and who will sell their product.

Comment

Working...
        X