• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IFBB Eliminates 1-piece swimsuit in Pro Figure

To: ALL IFBB FIGURE COMPETITORS
    Date: Monday, July 12, 2010

Subject: IMMEDIATE ELIMINATION OF 1-PIECE SWIMSUIT ROUND IN PRO FIGURE

At the IFBB New York City Pro Figure on Friday July 9th, several members of the IFBB Professional League Pro Committee were on hand, including Chairman Jim Manion. A meeting was called that included a quorum to discuss the immediate elimination of the 1-Piece Swimsuit Round in the IFBB Pro Figure. This will take effect starting with the 2010 IFBB Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships on July 17th. This was originally proposed to take effect at the 2010 IFBB Houston Pro Figure as stated on Advisory Notice from Tuesday, June 15th. All IFBB Pro Figure competitions from this date forward will only consist of one (1) round, the 2-Piece Swimsuit. This includes the 2010 Figure Olympia.

So the figure class still exists but they can't wear anything? Cool

Comment

i don't understand why though? not like i will be competing but i'm curious.

Comment

Originally posted by mofo View Post
        i don't understand why though? not like i will be competing but i'm curious.
        because it covers up to much of the body. when you are on stage to have you body judged it dosent make sense to cover up the whole mid section. imagine a different category of mens bodybuilding where all the men come out wearing jeans. lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          because it covers up to much of the body. when you are on stage to have you body judged it dosent make sense to cover up the whole mid section. imagine a different category of mens bodybuilding where all the men come out wearing jeans. lmfao
          maybe they should have the men wear nothing but a toolbelt. :hibb:

Comment

I thought this had already been in place? All the NPS shows around here haven't had a 1 piece division for awhile?

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
              To: ALL IFBB FIGURE COMPETITORS
              Date: Monday, July 12, 2010

Subject: IMMEDIATE ELIMINATION OF 1-PIECE SWIMSUIT ROUND IN PRO FIGURE

At the IFBB New York City Pro Figure on Friday July 9th, several members of the IFBB Professional League Pro Committee were on hand, including Chairman Jim Manion. A meeting was called that included a quorum to discuss the immediate elimination of the 1-Piece Swimsuit Round in the IFBB Pro Figure. This will take effect starting with the 2010 IFBB Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships on July 17th. This was originally proposed to take effect at the 2010 IFBB Houston Pro Figure as stated on Advisory Notice from Tuesday, June 15th. All IFBB Pro Figure competitions from this date forward will only consist of one (1) round, the 2-Piece Swimsuit. This includes the 2010 Figure Olympia.
              Good idea IMO. I'd much rather see a 2 piece bikini.

Comment

Working...
              X