Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hcg diet

I'm sure you have all heard about it.

For those that haven't, it has the potential to be THE magic pill we are looking for. The diet promises to melt like 25 lbs off in 30 days! Of course you're eating about 500 cals. A friend of ours is working in Miami now at an hcg clinic. She is in charge of the maintenance after you come off the hgh. Be aide once you do that- you just gain it right back.

I don't know much about hcg or how it can melt that much weight off- or it's effect on a womans body when it's not being used to stimulate the ovary to drop an egg for fertilization. Anyone have any insight? And for that matter- why can't a smaller dose be used in conjuction with a moderate calorie diet and high cardio?

I guess I just don't see the benefits if I'm guaranteed to gain the weight right back after I stop the hcg.

Starvation causes weight loss. 500 cals is starvation.

Comment

Originally posted by liftsiron View Post
      Starvation causes weight loss. 500 cals is starvation.

EXACTLY!! I mean you can't realistically sustain a 500 calorie diet...and obviously the hormone

I guess I just don't see the benefits of using it, and I would really like to know if it would be good to use as a supplement with really strict diet & cardio. I don't want to lose 1lb a day. But 4 lbs a week would be nice- if those people are eating 500 cals a day, and not exercising, why would I be able to exercise, and eat 1100 cals a day, and still lose? Like, I guess I just don't get why the shock to the body of such low calories is required- even to lose a moderate amount of weight.

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel View Post
        EXACTLY!! I mean you can't realistically sustain a 500 calorie diet...and obviously the hormone

I guess I just don't see the benefits of using it, and I would really like to know if it would be good to use as a supplement with really strict diet & cardio. I don't want to lose 1lb a day. But 4 lbs a week would be nice- if those people are eating 500 cals a day, and not exercising, why would I be able to exercise, and eat 1100 cals a day, and still lose? Like, I guess I just don't get why the shock to the body of such low calories is required- even to lose a moderate amount of weight.
        I have heard both pros and cons of using hcg as a weight loss supplement. I have used it a dozen or more times in cycles and personally never noticed any weight loss benefits, however each and every time I noticed significant increases in strength. This is probably why it is a favorite drug of powerlifters. As for yourself you had some pictures posted where you looked extremely cut and hard as stone, very impressive imo.
        Last edited by liftsiron; 07-21-10, 03:59 PM.

Comment

My mother lost 24 lbs. she kept it off. If you come off the hcg with a ketosis type diet for awhile and then gradually introduce carbs, then from the people I have seen it works. My mother never felt drained or weak from the lack of calories. she plans on going on it again to lose the last bit she wants to lose, and btw she is 63. I've heard of it not working for some but it does work for others. Hope this helps.

Comment

RS, have you looked into Lyle McDonald's approaches? Rapid Fat Loss and Ultimate Diet 2.0 may be options to consider. It is a more reasonable approach without anything as drastic as hcg, etc. Read up on it at Lyle McDonald - Bodyrecomposition

Comment

Good feedback and thoughts from everyone! Really appreciated...maybe I will try it after hearing Mormon's mom's results. I just can't seem to get rid of these 15 lbs that I gained from the hormones previous to my pregnancy.

And, liftsiron- thanks for the kudos, but those pics were from 6 years ago, and 3 years ago if you're seeing the figure pics.... :( Since then I have been pregnant twice- but only gone to full term once. And, in order to finally get pregnant I had to get on a lot of hormone drugs for quite a long time; off and on. I just can't seem to drop the weight.

Comment

And also liftsiron- what about maintaining muscle in a female?

Comment

***Update...still haven't started. Turns out you are supposed to take liquid B12 along with it? That stuff is like $250. :(

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel View Post
                    ***Update...still haven't started. Turns out you are supposed to take liquid B12 along with it? That stuff is like $250. :(
                    Many research sites have pharma grade for like 20-30$ a bottle.

I just checked RUI has pharma grade B12 for 40$ a bottle good potency to.
                    Last edited by liftsiron; 08-16-10, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by liftsiron View Post
                      Many research sites have pharma grade for like 20-30$ a bottle.

I just checked RUI has pharma grade B12 for 40$ a bottle good potency to.
                      Thanks for the tip!!! :thumup:

Comment

red - a girl I know did it and had good success - mind you this girl was overweight, should've just jogged and dieted her way to weight loss - but she dropped drastic weight, to the point where now it's either GH or plastic surgery she gottta fill up the loose skin.

So far she has put some weight back on but she is a nutcase, barely eats anything but amphetamines now that she lost the weight shes become obsessed - it's sad actually.

Just saying, it certainly works super fast. 30 days she dropped more fat then I could believe. And at that point she wasn't taking any of this shit she has herself on now.

Comment

The hCG weight-loss strategy has a very low vitamin diet along with treatments of hCG, rather oral or managed. The regular hCG slimmer actions fast weight-loss identifying 1 to 3 bodyweight per day. Moreover to decrease in unwanted fat, the real advantage of the hCG strategy is its ability to help modify the dieter's relationship with food and eating, leading to quickly managed, long-term weight-loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyndon View Post
                            The hCG weight-loss strategy has a very low vitamin diet along with treatments of hCG, rather oral or managed. The regular hCG slimmer actions fast weight-loss identifying 1 to 3 bodyweight per day. Moreover to decrease in unwanted fat, the real advantage of the hCG strategy is its ability to help modify the dieter's relationship with food and eating, leading to quickly managed, long-term weight-loss.
                            what kind of crack are you smoking?
                            the HCG diet works only cuz the severe cal depletion. I seen somewhere the diet was something like 500 cals a day,lol well no shit you gonna loose weight.
                            hurry back here and post your spam so i can bann you.

Comment

Humm..interesting. I usually just do protein and cut carbs. I may try

Comment

Working...
                              X