Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

i am a 42 year old female, i weigh 175-180 on any given day. i have 46in hips 31 inch waist and 37in chest. i want to lose more fat. any advise and diet info. i run 3 to 4 miles in the morning cross country style 5 days a week. i take tabata classes at the gym twice a week i do the eliptical every evening for 30min. the tabata classes consist of weight training. i lift weights twice a week. and i just started GHRP-6. Help nothing is working still stay at 175-180 for three months now. i try to only eat 1500 calories.

The absolute key is diet. Looks like you get plenty of exercise but I see that you say, " I try to get around 1500 cals a day. That tells me you aren't consistent enough if you "try to get".

Let's start out with you current diet. Give us an idea of what you have been eating, how many meals etc..

Comment

How do you know you get 1500 calories? One thing that is almost universally true is that without accurate and honest accounting on a spreadsheet, people ALWAYS underestimate their calorie intake. I wouldn't be surprised, given all the physical activity that you are doing, if you aren't taking in way more calories than you think you are.

Also, do you know what your BMR is? I assumed you are about 5'4" and calculated your BMR to be about 1500 calories! Adding an activity factor of about 1.4, your daily calorie intake is roughly 2000 to 2100. If you are underestimating your intake, you may simply not be running as much of a deficit as you need.

Comment

more info

i am 5"7 and i track my calories on the web. i have a bodybug that monitors my calorie output dailey and in download that then enter my food in the program.
        typical day is
        breakfast 1/2 grapefruit and isopure protien drink
        lunch chicken salad sandwich on wheat and sweet potato fries
        dinner grilled or baked chicken with green beans or broccoli
        maybe an apple for snack if hungry.
        taking ghrp-6 50mcg a day and i dont get hungry like my husband does.

Comment

Welcome to the board :)

I don't really see how your food intake adds up to 1500 calories, unless your chicken salad is loaded with mayo and your sweet potato fries are deep fried.

What does your "chicken salad sandwich" consist of? I think you should exchange your sweet potato fries for a baked sweet potato, at least. That's the only carbs you're eating all day?

I definitely see where your diet could use some tweaking, but it sounds like you do enough exercise/cardio.

Comment

@fitnessBrat it is a resturant chicken salad with lettuce and tomato :) and that is just todays menu.

Comment

Lean, if you really wanna get to the bottom of this and lose the weight, you are going to have to get strict. No more "chicken salad" that is not a healthy option, it's loaded with bad fat from the dressing etc..

Start grilling your own chicken, start packing your meals etc..

It's not easy and it takes work but if you want to reach your goals you have to put the work in. That is the harsh truth, great results will take hard work and sacrifice.

Comment

If you are not losing weight, you are eating too many calories guaranteed. First step is to stop eating out. You have no way of controlling calories in meals cooked by anyone other than yourself.

Comment

does anyone have a great diet plan? if so please share. i really want this to work. i came from 260lbs in 2009 to my current weight and i am at a plato mostley in my thighs (saddle bags)

Comment

@thebouncer i know i have been really strick the last couple of years and worked hard at losing from 260 to 175 but i hate being in a plato and want to see the scale or inches start moving down again. just frustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by leanwannabe View Post
                      does anyone have a great diet plan? if so please share. i really want this to work. i came from 260lbs in 2009 to my current weight and i am at a plato mostley in my thighs (saddle bags)

Congrats on the weight loss.

You really don't need a "diet plan" per se. You need to learn to eat healthy, which it sounds like you have, and just make eating out your "cheat meal." You just need to know your good proteins, carbs, and fats, and go from there. If you're someone that needs to stick to a plan, then write out your meals for the week, and see if that helps you. You can find different recipes, etc to make things more exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by leanwannabe View Post
                        the diet example you posted is fine minus the chicken salad. replace with boneless skinless chicken breast. replace the fries with a real potato. little change like that will have a big effect over time.

Comment

Leanwannabe, have you worked out your diet yet? Post it so we can look at it!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                            Leanwannabe, have you worked out your diet yet? Post it so we can look at it!

I was just thinking about this thread this morning!

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                              the diet example you posted is fine minus the chicken salad. replace with boneless skinless chicken breast. replace the fries with a real potato. little change like that will have a big effect over time.

Sounds like something is wrong here. Leanwannabe doesn't seem to be eating too much food..... so I guess at this point all the cardio she's doing is only burning off her cheat meal???

Comment

Working...
                              X