Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my little sister - my mom is taking her to the DR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My g/f's sister is doing the same exact thing. And it all comes down to the guy she is dating. He told her she was a little chunky and that she should lose some weight. She was perfect about a year ago. She's like 5'4" and was like 120lbs at most. Now she weighs less than my g/f, and my g/f is a tiny girl. My g/f said her sister weighs about 100lbs now. Everytime I see her she looks drained and unhealthy. And it's all because of the boyfriend. He's a typical shovanistic italian ass. Everytime I see him I want to kick his ass. But she is getting to the point where it's unhealthy. What you need to do is tell her fiance to shove a pork roll in his mouth and shut the fuck up. And the best thing to do is get your sister to see her doctor. He will be able to help her out so she doesn't hurt herself.

Comment

what does being italian have to do with being shovanistic ? lol

Comment

I am italian and have grown up with italians so there is a typical shovinistic italian type.

Comment

Hey Dreamgirl,

My friend has an E.D. She works at a facility called Westwind here in Canada, its actually pretty famous, being featured on Maury Povitch show and that girl who has been on Entertainment Tonight, Melissa, stayed there. Anyways, here is the link, it may tell you a bit about E.D's and you could email them for some information.

http://www.westwind.mb.ca/

Comment

Dreamgirl you have a PM :)

Comment

If she does has some type of eating disorder then she should defently seek help. Her wieght seems to be in line with her hight. My X is 5'10 135

Comment

As much as people like to think eating disorders stem from self esteem issues they do not. Sorry if I'm going against the trend here.

Eating disorders have more to do with exerting control over something. I'm not a psycholigist so I can't begin to project....

Example: Girl graduates school, life out of control, has to go to college, family has her whole life set out as to what she will do. She feels it's beyond her control. Like everything is being decided for her. Plunges into an eating disorder.

I'm not saying that's what's going on of course. My sister suffered anorexia for 10 years and it's still an ongoing struggle. She's 4 years older than me. I can still remember my Mom's phone call when she'd recieved a call from her blaming her for her disorder. Of course Mom wasn't to blame. She was shifting attention off herself so she could continue her self sabotage.

Her remarks towards you are meant to piss you off, DG. Maybe if you're mad you won't pursue getting her help??? Just a hypothesis.

As much as people think it's an easily understood disease it is not. It's often deep seeded and has nothing to do with "feeling fat", "being teased"...... really. Nothing at all.

If you'd like I'll post some research I've done over the years as we've tried to help my sister.

In any instance I feel for ya, hun. It's rough. Hang in there.

Comment

thank you everyone for posting on this topic! DG

Comment

Working...
                  X