pregnancy & nutrition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pregnancy & nutrition

Hi all, I think I'm the only one pregnant now on here - I also posted this on FG's site too, but there was a great article in the Cleveland Plain Dealer this morning about eating & pregnancy and it pertained to some foods that I eat and probably most of you eat.

Caffeine: only in moderation 1-2 cups coffee/day

Fish: Pregnant women should NOT eat:
    -King Fish -mackerel -Tilefish -Swordfish -Shark -Some Tuna
    **because of the possible tainting with metyl-mercury which builds up in the fat of fish

No more than 12 oz. fish/week and only 6 oz. of it can be tuna

Artificial Sweeteners: Highly not recommended (Girls watch the protein shakes, they contain aspartame... GNC carries an unflavored kind which I've personally been using and flavoring it with fruit or a small amount of ovaltine)

Don't take herbal supplements, dont drink more than 2 cups of herbal teas a day, don't take vitamin A supplements, don't drink ANY alcohol, Don't smoke or be constantly around second hand smoke, don't drink or eat any juices or cheese that is unpasteurized, don't eat raw eggs, don't eat eggs with runny yolks, don't eat unheated hot dogs or packaged lunch meats, don't eat refrigerated pates or meat spreads, don't eat hamburger that is pink on inside, don't eat raw sprouts, and handle as little poultry as possible.

and eating for 2 only means eating an extra 300 calories a day.

I'm new here but pregnant also (4 1/2 months) - great info here!

I myself am in the middle of trying to get my calorie intake correct.

I look forward to chatting with you more, it's nice to have another pregnant gal around :)

Comment

"What to Eat When You're Expecting"

Best-Odds diets, 100's of recipes, and everything you need to know to nourish a healthy pregnancy.

Written by: Arlene Eisenberg, Heidi E. Murkoff, and Sandee Hathaway. WORKMAN PUBLISHING COMPANY

Comment

Working...
      X