Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas shopping for a 12 y.o. girl...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas shopping for a 12 y.o. girl...

I really don't know what to get my daughter this year and it's sooo frustrating!

I refuse to buy her more toys. She alredy has more than she plays with and she'll get more from her grandparents, etc. So far I picked up a pink initial sweater at Rave...I know she'll like that, and I'll get her some music and a pair of boots, but I don't know what else to get her. It used to be sooo easy...now that she's maturing it's so much more difficult! She had her eye on some cargo pants from Limited Too but they're $44 and I hate to spend that kind of money on something that she'll outgrow quickly...come April it'll be too hot here to wear them. Grrrrrrrr!

lol MrsP I'm having the same problems with my sisters. They are 11 and 13, and every other year I could spend 20 minutes in Toy R Us picking out some dumb games that they would love, but now they're getting too old for that. When I opened the thread I was thinking initial shirt or handbag, that's what I think I'm getting the 13 yr old. Try TJMaxx for clothes, they're less expensive, but still nicer brands.

Or how about cd's or dvds? Or a portable cd player or stereo if she doesn't have one? I'm sure everyone else here will have great ideas too!

Comment

Re: Christmas shopping for a 12 y.o. girl...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MrsPuddlesFL
      [B]I really don't know what to get my daughter this year and it's sooo frustrating!

I It used to be sooo easy...now that she's maturing it's so much more difficult!

I know how you feel, I have a 12 year old boy and I'm totally clueless on what to by,their so moody at this time and hard to please, or bored with anything you sink hard earned cash in.

Comment

Well...we went to the mall to window shop and I know a few more things she wants. She picked out an initial handbag which is tucked away plus some music, and as she pointed out some clothes the salesgirl hid them behind the register...when it was time to pay I just sent my daughter to the store across the hall so she wouldn't see what I was getting her. She also liked a few things from Sharper Image so I'll go back there without her.

She also wants a hermit crab. So...we talk to the vendor in the mall and this plastic tank with 3 crabs and some gravel and plastic embellishments is gonna run over $50. My daughter using her brain tells me that we should go to Petsupermarket where the tanks will be under $10 and the fish store has the hermit crabs for like $2 ea. I love it when she's frugal even when the money isn't hers.

I guess the best way to shop for kids this age is to take them out and see what they really like.

Comment

12 that's a hard age. Maybe a pass to an amusement park or a water park for the whole family. She'd get one, and it's a great gift for everyone. We buy them every year for an amusement park up here. If you go 3 times, it pays for them and she'll ahve something to really look forward to.

Comment

That's an awesome idea, DG! I'll check into it...her b-day is at the beginning of Feb. and I think that would be a perfect gift for her then. :)

Comment

Cool Mrs. P, glad to help! My daughter is 3 and she is so excited this year she gets her first pass to Cedar Point Amusement Park.

Comment

When my sister got to that age I stopped getting her toys and started shopping for her at the Discovery Store.
                They have alot of really cool stuff in there that is more crafty that just toys.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Jarhead
                  When my sister got to that age I stopped getting her toys and started shopping for her at the Discovery Store.
                  They have alot of really cool stuff in there that is more crafty that just toys.
                  Another great idea! This way it's kinda like a toy but educational at the same time. There used to be a Discovery Store in one of the malls around here but I can't remember which one...do you know?

Comment

I think there is one at the International Plaza.

Plus you can stop at the Cheesecake Factory while you're there.
                    :drool: :drool: :drool:

Comment

Originally posted by The_Jarhead
                      I think there is one at the International Plaza.

Plus you can stop at the Cheesecake Factory while you're there.
                      :drool: :drool: :drool:
                      If I keep eating the way I have been I'm gonna look like a cheesecake! Let's see...maybe I can work it into my diet...cheese is protein...and there are eggs in it too...yeah....I'll have some cheesecake! :D

Thanks...I can't wait to go shopping! LOL

Comment

thats cool when all kids want are toys toys and more toys.:D

Comment

Hey, Mrs. P!

Merry Christmas to you and the family. ( Since I don't make it over here often) Misssss chatting with you too!

Why not make-up some "freebie" coupons for her? IE: 1)Free tickets for you and a friend to attend the concert of your choice. 2) Pick a weekend for a slumber/pizza party. 3) 12 Free skating paces for her and 11 of her best pals( or whatever she enjoys doing for fun on weekends w/her gal pals) Etc. etc.

She like to read? They have some wonderful book sets out. Bri is into the Junie B. Jones books~ I even like 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by THEVIXEN
                            Hey, Mrs. P!

Merry Christmas to you and the family. ( Since I don't make it over here often) Misssss chatting with you too!

Why not make-up some "freebie" coupons for her? IE: 1)Free tickets for you and a friend to attend the concert of your choice. 2) Pick a weekend for a slumber/pizza party. 3) 12 Free skating paces for her and 11 of her best pals( or whatever she enjoys doing for fun on weekends w/her gal pals) Etc. etc.

She like to read? They have some wonderful book sets out. Bri is into the Junie B. Jones books~ I even like 'em!
                            I finished Christmas fortunately, but I'm gonna keep these in mind for her birthday in Feb. and other holidays like Easter.

I miss you too. You need to get your butt over here more often, hotstuff! :kiss: Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!

Comment

12 y.o. girl? Easy.... Cell Phone. That's what my 11 year old wants.

Comment

Working...
                              X